GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Seattle Kraken Monday 3-18 / 10pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

1 minute ago, Sabres73 said:

I finally get to see this good, young team in person tomorrow for the first time in a couple of years. Pretty excited as it's a meaningful game.

I'm hoping the Stars game on April 9th means something.  The Sabres won the last one in Dallas, on an OP OT winner.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gomper said:

Dunleavy didn't even make a hat trick call for Skinner.  It took Ray to mention it lol. He's so brutal. 

At least he said who scored...baby steps

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

I finally get to see this good, young team in person tomorrow for the first time in a couple of years. Pretty excited as it's a meaningful game.

The city of Vancouver is amazing. I lived in Bellingham WA and went there often.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, gomper said:

Dunleavy didn't even make a hat trick call for Skinner.  It took Ray to mention it lol. He's so brutal. 

He's the price we pay for having RJ all those years. Keeps the universe in balance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well I guess if you're the Sabres this is what you want but man that was a dead dog of a hockey game. I've seen quite a few Kraken games and that was the worst I've ever seen them play. No fight left in that dog. Playing out the string and the warm weather has them thinking summer vacation. Glad I didn't go to it.

Sabres were adequate, but they really didn't have to be very much tonight. 

Vancouver should be tougher. 

I agree about Dunleavy. He's as flat as the Kraken played. Just dull. 

• Agree 2

Nice to get over the hump of finally beating the Kraken but more importantly, a road victory against an evenly matched opponent is key. 

Money Puck had Seattle’s expected goals 4.12 to Buffalo’s 1.86.  Didn’t seem that  distant but the heat map shows their chances in close were much higher.
Sabres dominance at the dot tonight was noticeable.  
Byram continues to impress.
The “concept of Will Borgan” was -2 and quite pedestrian.

Congratulations to the East Coast fans who stayed with it until the end.  Sleep fast, because it’s happening again tomorrow. Same “bat time, same bat channel”. 

9 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

I’ll be there too. Me and my son. He’s gonna be wearing my vintage jacket, I’ll be rockin’ a new hoodie. Down low in Canucks end in section 119

Edited by rickshaw
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

I’ll be there too. Me and my son. He’s gonna be wearing my vintage jacket, I’ll be rockin’ a new hoodie. Down low in Canucks end in section 108 

I'll be wearing my retro blue CCM Rick Martin jersey. Sec 306, Row 7

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well I guess if you're the Sabres this is what you want but man that was a dead dog of a hockey game. I've seen quite a few Kraken games and that was the worst I've ever seen them play. No fight left in that dog. Playing out the string and the warm weather has them thinking summer vacation. Glad I didn't go to it.

Sabres were adequate, but they really didn't have to be very much tonight. 

Vancouver should be tougher. 

I agree about Dunleavy. He's as flat as the Kraken played. Just dull. 

We were spoiled with the best for so many years

16 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Alright, they won!!

Yep… Watched it all… Now waiting for cataract surgery on my right eye… Will watch the Vancouver game with my left eye 👀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Same old "boy the other team sure played bad"...I suppose some think that is the only way the Sabres can win a game apparently. Funny never heard a thing when the Sabres played absolutely horrible and that was the only reason Detroit beat us. I like to think that when this team is playing they make the other team look bad. They have proven they are a very good team when they are on. I love when they just steamroll over teams. They do have that abiility and have even done it to good teams such as Vegas and hav ebeaten Colorado and Oilers so it is no fluke. Sometines it is hard to know which team will show up mind you but they are still a young team and learning to win.

• Agree 1