GDT / Islanders @ Sabres, Thurs 3/14, 7pm MSG, ESPN+ & WGR Radio

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

He’s much too far along for juniors. He fits on this roster because we don’t have anybody else. But I do think that if rules allowed the AHL would be a better spot.

I think he’s likely in blue and gold next year but I wouldn’t be shocked if he were in Rochester next year. 

If you're talking any Benson, there's a 0% chance he's in Rochester next year. 0%

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I don’t agree with this at all. It should stop. Okie was well-respected in the locker room. Maybe too much “best friend Dad” vibes. When the Sabres shipped him out, it sent a messages. Dad’s gone because you guys sucked. Look what you did. So, no more bull *****. It sent a message. In addition, perhaps the biggest message, with Mitts being shipped out, was “look, you could be next. Party is over.”  Unfortunately, I don’t think Tage got the memo. 

We went on just as hot (see: a hotter) run last year and KO was here. So he was a fine leader then? It’s just the samuelsson thing again, it’s correlation not causation. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Slack_in_MA said:

That was a very good performance from beginning to end, I thought. They're just playing with so much more confidence and intent.

Rather be peaking now that a month ago.

It was a bit shaky there for a good part if the 3rd but they survived and got it back 

14 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

We deserve this win tonight. We are owed this win tonight. Don’t fck it up…

Well... Someone listened. 

Well, color me impressed with the last 2 games... Still doesn't mean much if they can't do it until the end.

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That’s Five Shutouts for UPL

Don’t think he’s getting vezina votes regardless but if we squeak into the playoffs, he might get Hart votes 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I don’t agree with this at all. It should stop. Okie was well-respected in the locker room. Maybe too much “best friend Dad” vibes. When the Sabres shipped him out, it sent a messages. Dad’s gone because you guys sucked. Look what you did. So, no more bull *****. It sent a message. In addition, perhaps the biggest message, with Mitts being shipped out, was “look, you could be next. Party is over.”  Unfortunately, I don’t think Tage got the memo. 

I agree with most of this post but emphatically not the bolded.  Please do not shout down hockey opinions that you disagree with.  No player on this misbegotten team is immune from criticism.

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

JVB -- now that's a blast from the past.  Good skater who was a crappy defender but, kinda like Olofsson, had one elite NHL skill -- a great slapper from the blueline.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

That was an absolute hell of an effort from puck drop to end of game.

The last two games this team has played has been tremendous.

This team can defend. The positioning and backchecking has been great.

The frustrating part is Buffalo is a better team than all the teams around them.

Keep it rolling Saturday guys!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2