Rumor: Brady Tkachuk available

Buffalonill

On 3/5/2024 at 3:27 PM, thewookie1 said:

Who here would trade Muel, Savoie and a Protected 24 1st for Parayko ?

It's an overpay but maybe it's an overpay I'd make because it would make the current NHL roster better right away. I think it's time to consider one or more overpay deals to make the on ice team better as we have lots of assets around the edges to use. 

I would definitely trade those 3 things for Tkachuk and then I'd name him captain when he got off the plane. 

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Power and Kulich is probably what it would take. 

For Tkachuk I'd consider it. I would however offer Byram, Kulich and Savoie and or a 1st rounder first. The more I see of Byram the less I like him. Power still has more upside and now he will look like a hockey player after the puck in the mouth 🙂

51 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's an overpay but maybe it's an overpay I'd make because it would make the current NHL roster better right away. I think it's time to consider one or more overpay deals to make the on ice team better as we have lots of assets around the edges to use. 

I would definitely trade those 3 things for Tkachuk and then I'd name him captain when he got off the plane. 

For Tkachuk I'd consider it. I would however offer Byram, Kulich and Savoie and or a 1st rounder first. The more I see of Byram the less I like him. Power still has more upside and now he will look like a hockey player after the puck in the mouth 🙂

I'm very happy that you aren't the GM of the Sabres 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I'm very happy that you aren't the GM of the Sabres 

You don't like winning?

In all seriousness, you wouldn't consider overpays now? You wouldn't move non roster players to make the on ice team better? You just want to believe and keep waiting? What would you do differently?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You don't like winning?

In all seriousness, you wouldn't consider overpays now? You wouldn't move non roster players to make the on ice team better? You just want to believe and keep waiting? What would you do differently?

He probly won't answer 

It's easier for him to criticize than to come up with his own ideas 

Weak 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TageMVP said:

He probly won't answer 

Weak 

Probably true - unless your post goads him into it. Always people who prefer to critique the posters rather than the team that is their true source of frustration. Always easy to give out some version of "you're an idiot" electronically. 

The bottom line I'm getting at, if it wasn't obvious, is the team needs change and improvement. I'd be willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen for next year. If it's true that free agents won't come here it's even more urgent to make a trade happen with whatever it takes. Tkachuk's are leaders. Brady is a punk, but he's a talented punk and he'd change the culture with his level of compete. 

The team has a lot of needs, but guys with high compete levels are the key above all else. It would be infectious. 

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Probably true - unless your post goads him into it. Always people who prefer to critique the posters rather than the team that is their true source of frustration. Always easy to give out some version of "you're an idiot" electronically. 

The bottom line I'm getting at, if it wasn't obvious, is the team needs change and improvement. I'd be willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen for next year. If it's true that free agents won't come here it's even more urgent to make a trade happen with whatever it takes. Tkachuk's are leaders. Brady is a punk, but he's a talented punk and he'd change the culture with his level of compete. 

The team has a lot of needs, but guys with high compete levels are the key above all else. It would be infectious. 

Let’s review the source of this disagreement.

-Crusader said he wouldn’t trade Samuelsson, Savoie, and a first for Parayko. 
-You say you would trade Samuelsson, Savoie, and a first for Tkachuk. 

So maybe, just maybe, we’re arguing over a misread post?

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/5/2024 at 5:27 PM, thewookie1 said:

Who here would trade Muel, Savoie and a Protected 24 1st for Parayko ?

You have brought up Parayko before. 

I like the player but he is not worth nearly what you propose.  

Joker or Mule and #2 pick is even trade for Parayko today.   

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, oddoublee said:

I'd love to hear why it's a massive overpayment. Muel, Savoie and a protected first round pick could all be a hill of beans compared to RH top 4 damn that is parayko. 

The promise of the future is what is massively overvalued. 

Go watch parayko play and then come back. Dude is a 4/5 defender with a bad contract and they don't go for 2 1st round picks and another 4/5 defender with a less worse contract. It's just a completely illogical trade to make.

Parayko has a terrible corsi at about 41.5% and a possession metric of -9.5 which is up from his -17 a year ago. He's about to turn 31 and has 5 or 6 years left at 6.5 mill.  You don't trade Savoie, a top 10 2024 first, and Samuelsson for that. It's a massive overpayment when in the NHL without retention, that's probably a 2nd or even just a 3rd round pick to get him. 

Jack Eichel got almost this offer in a trade. He got a first, a prospect worse than savoie, and Tuch who's better than Muel. The other pick is what separates these offers. So if Parayko worth almost Eichel? No freaking way, that's why it's a massive overpayment. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Go watch parayko play and then come back. Dude is a 4/5 defender with a bad contract and they don't go for 2 1st round picks and another 4/5 defender with a less worse contract. It's just a completely illogical trade to make.

Parayko has a terrible corsi at about 41.5% and a possession metric of -9.5 which is up from his -17 a year ago. He's about to turn 31 and has 5 or 6 years left at 6.5 mill.  You don't trade Savoie, a top 10 2024 first, and Samuelsson for that. It's a massive overpayment when in the NHL without retention, that's probably a 2nd or even just a 3rd round pick to get him. 

Jack Eichel got almost this offer in a trade. He got a first, a prospect worse than savoie, and Tuch who's better than Muel. The other pick is what separates these offers. So if Parayko worth almost Eichel? No freaking way, that's why it's a massive overpayment. 

Parayko is among the leagues worst contracts.  The Blues would give him away.  Someone mentioned trading a 2nd round pick for him.  That might be an overpayment. 🤣

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Parayko is among the leagues worst contracts.  The Blues would give him away.  Someone mentioned trading a 2nd round pick for him.  That might be an overpayment. 🤣

We’re now proposing the opposite of the old Roy for Mallon proposals. My how times have changed. 

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

i dont care about his age. defenders of his style can play into their mid 30's. 

protected 1st round pick. even if it wasnt - what do we have, a 5-10% hit rate? 

muel is not as good. plain and simple. muel is not regularly reliable. muel is not playing from the coveted right side. 

savoie is no guarentee of anything. what i do know about him - his younger teammate got called up to play a full season and is currently a 3rd line winger - and should probably be in rochester - but a fine 3rd winger for the next year or two. Savoie got sent back to after one game - on a team that is in desparate need of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th line help. while i hold out 'hope' for him - it is just that - hope. we know nothing about him at this point. as an aside, the sabres are not tough to play against, even if savoie is ready, he does not help with that. 

corsi? for a guy who play 2/3's of the game taking faceoffs from his own end? could care less about his corsi. while i will not pretend like a lot of posters i have watched him play a dozen or so games - most of you would be lying if you said you did - i have watched him - and he is better than any of our RH shots on the team. a lot better. 

you want to be a winning organization? take risks. 'lose' a couple trades. in the nhl, rarely anyone gets to coach or gm a team for more than a handful of years. and this isnt even close to the eichel value as st louis is getting nothing like tuch in return. besides - value of a player goes down when they demand a trade and the owner demands a big no on a surgery. poorly played cards is what that was. 

in the end, give me a guy who solidifies our RH side well enough for the next 3-4 years - i take it because it fills a need. young depth is NOT a need on this team.

all of this is moot. the blues would reject this offer. parayko would reject this offer. 

• dislike 1

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You don't like winning?

I do agree with you and I don't mind overpaying for the right player but basically 3 first round picks for Parayko? 

11 hours ago, TageMVP said:

He probly won't answer 

Weak 

You don't know me very well if you don't think I'll answer.   Plus I've said in many threads what I think the Sabres should do next season.    
it's not that I mind the player but he is not worth the equivalent of 3 first round picks 

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Let’s review the source of this disagreement.

-Crusader said he wouldn’t trade Samuelsson, Savoie, and a first for Parayko. 
-You say you would trade Samuelsson, Savoie, and a first for Tkachuk. 

So maybe, just maybe, we’re arguing over a misread post?

Oops.  I think I have egg on my face 

26 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

muel is not as good. plain and simple. muel is not regularly reliable. muel is not playing from the coveted right side. 

savoie is no guarentee of anything. what i do know about him - his younger teammate got called up to play a full season and is currently a 3rd line winger - and should probably be in rochester - but a fine 3rd winger for the next year or two. Savoie got sent back to after one game - on a team that is in desparate need of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th line help. while i hold out 'hope' for him - it is just that - hope. we know nothing about him at this point. as an aside, the sabres are not tough to play against, even if savoie is ready, he does not help with that. 

corsi? for a guy who play 2/3's of the game taking faceoffs from his own end? could care less about his corsi. while i will not pretend like a lot of posters i have watched him play a dozen or so games - most of you would be lying if you said you did - i have watched him - and he is better than any of our RH shots on the team. a lot better. 

you want to be a winning organization? take risks. 'lose' a couple trades. in the nhl, rarely anyone gets to coach or gm a team for more than a handful of years. and this isnt even close to the eichel value as st louis is getting nothing like tuch in return. besides - value of a player goes down when they demand a trade and the owner demands a big no on a surgery. poorly played cards is what that was. 

in the end, give me a guy who solidifies our RH side well enough for the next 3-4 years - i take it because it fills a need. young depth is NOT a need on this team.

all of this is moot. the blues would reject this offer. parayko would reject this offer. 

You're out of touch with how the league works. 

1 hour ago, oddoublee said:

Honest question: do you really think he is good right now or is be big and he can be physical and that’s good enough?

There seems to be a portion of fans that just want big tough guys now.  Not saying you are in that group.

I think some people would trade   Buffalo’s first or Savoie for Rempe because he is tall and punches guys and that would fix everything.

40 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Honest question: do you really think he is good right now or is be big and he can be physical and that’s good enough?

There seems to be a portion of fans that just want big tough guys now.  Not saying you are in that group.

I think some people would trade   Buffalo’s first or Savoie for Rempe because he is tall and punches guys and that would fix everything.

Rempe is a bit of a sideshow but I’d trade Jokijarju or the forward equivalent plus some picks for him.  He’s not a great player but he brings things no Sabres does. 

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

no - i am not one of those people who screams size and grit. not saying the team doesnt need it - but i dont scream for it. 

i just think the team is horribly lopsided on D depth - and horribly lopsided with youthful depth. it can only go so far - and so many of these guys rarely pan out to anything other than bottom 6 or bottom pair dmen. 

fans and gm's love youth more than they should. i suppose because it is tangible in writing - but most good teams balance it out. 

as the team stands now, it is going to flame out over the next 2 - 3 years and we could have nothing to show for it by having a surplus of underachieving high draft picks.

i mean, what has the organization shown us that we can feel confident that they know what the hell they are doing with all of these high draft picks? 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You're out of touch with how the league works. 

and fyi, very in touch with how a lot of organizations work - doesnt mean it is right. your favorite team is an example of that. but no worries, you can get a nice dopamine hit from buying another sweatshirt or jersey!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SabreFinn said:

Byram for Parayko? 

I do not think we even should dream of getting B Tkachuk.

Byram is not the guy you move for Parayko. Byram is a win now and win later player.  Think prospects.

53 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

no - i am not one of those people who screams size and grit. not saying the team doesnt need it - but i dont scream for it. 

i just think the team is horribly lopsided on D depth - and horribly lopsided with youthful depth. it can only go so far - and so many of these guys rarely pan out to anything other than bottom 6 or bottom pair dmen. 

fans and gm's love youth more than they should. i suppose because it is tangible in writing - but most good teams balance it out. 

as the team stands now, it is going to flame out over the next 2 - 3 years and we could have nothing to show for it by having a surplus of underachieving high draft picks.

i mean, what has the organization shown us that we can feel confident that they know what the hell they are doing with all of these high draft picks? 

and fyi, very in touch with how a lot of organizations work - doesnt mean it is right. your favorite team is an example of that. but no worries, you can get a nice dopamine hit from buying another sweatshirt or jersey!

Don’t disagree with you. Just think Parayko isn’t that guy with his play and contract.

Dylan Demelo is a UFA and a much better option out of Winnipeg. Matt Roy in LA is another great option. Either guy would be perfect fits. 

• Like (+1) 1