GDT / Anaheim Ducks @ Buffalo Sabres Monday Feb 19th 12:30pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

32 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He was hated before that. There is an anti anthem thing here as well.  

I wouldn't say I'm anti-anthem, but I don't really see it as necessary.  But if you're going to do it, do it right.  Sing the notes on the paper, not your personal jazzed up version.  I'm also not a fan of the field-sized flags they use at football games, as they go against US Flag Code prohibition of displaying the flag horizontally.  I'm kind of pedantic in that if you're going to do patriotism, do it right.

§8. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

• The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
Edited by Doohickie
  • Agree 1

Sabres are so enamored with the drop pass to start the PP rush that they do it when there's a Duck trailing for said drop pass. You're on the PP, meaning if you rush up ice it's a 3 on 3 with lots of space or even a 4 on 3 odd man rush. Instead you drop it and allow that trailer to get back on defense and the zone entry that much harder. Hmmm.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.