GDT/ Florida Panthers @ Buffalo Sabres Thurs 7pm MSG-ESPN+ WGR

Shoot da Puck

The Buffalo Sabres will inevitably, eventually make the playoffs 

it will happen 

A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it’ll shine out the clearer

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

We don’t have enough “hate losing more than love winning” guys.  

Because most have done nothing but lose in the NHL - but they’re some of our key guys:

Dahlin, Skinner, Cozens, Tage, Joki, Zemgus, Okposo (he’s forgotten what winning is).  

Thats 7 guys that have known nothing but losing - yet got paid.  And that’s fine.  

But this is dangerous territory here.  Power, Benson, JJ, Quinn - they can’t be around this for anymore.  The pressure they’ll put on themselves in October….I mean they can’t handle playing at home.  They can’t handle being down 1-0.  

Coach has to go.  

That or core pieces need to get moved.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

We don’t have enough “hate losing more than love winning” guys.  

Because most have done nothing but lose in the NHL - but they’re some of our key guys:

Dahlin, Skinner, Cozens, Tage, Joki, Zemgus, Okposo (he’s forgotten what winning is).  

Thats 7 guys that have known nothing but losing - yet got paid.  And that’s fine.  

But this is dangerous territory here.  Power, Benson, JJ, Quinn - they can’t be around this for anymore.  The pressure they’ll put on themselves in October….I mean they can’t handle playing at home.  They can’t handle being down 1-0.  

Coach has to go.  

That or core pieces need to get moved.   

Both.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

It’s just a shame the team has to sacrifice so much of their free-wheeling offence when he’s in net. They really, really have to baby him back there since he’s not an NHL caliber goalie 

Good point and I agree. But that said, we had a ton of good chances on offense tonight, free-wheeling or otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Thorny said:

His mindset reminds me of Kevyn Adams tbh. Two of the guys I feel like I know the very least about in the organization. Everything they say comes off like a 2D stock quote 

Couple of posers… Look the part… Full of promises.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I just don't like fans of other teams coming in here and acting like Sabres fans. 

It's obvious you switched teams years ago. 

I'll never quit on this team like you did.

Acting? lmfao. 

I live outside Vancouver. Do you have ANY idea how much it takes to stay a Sabres fan living that far from Buffalo? 

No, I didn't think so.

So keep on not quitting and deluding yourself. I will keep living in reality. 

38 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The Buffalo Sabres will inevitably, eventually make the playoffs 

it will happen 

A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it’ll shine out the clearer

Unless it runs out of hydrogen first. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Acting? lmfao. 

I live outside Vancouver. Do you have ANY idea how much it takes to stay a Sabres fan living that far from Buffalo? 

No, I didn't think so.

I've lived outside of Buffalo for 30 years.

I didn't start rooting for another team because of it and I never will.

Any real Sabres Fan would never root for the Chowdaheads so I think you may be the delusional one. 

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Another loss this Buffalo Sabres team needs a blockbuster trade to its core 6 forwards in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Amazing that since tearing it down to start 2021-22 (or year 3 of his rebuild) Adams is a seller at the deadline still.  

A trade does nothing for this season anyway.  Hard to see how it does for next year with the way Adams has constructed this roster of finesse types who aren't going to sneak up on opponents anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Acting? lmfao. 

No, I didn't think so.

Unless it runs out of hydrogen first. 

Realistically it’s hard to be a Sabres fan regardless of where you live. Living in Winnipeg has only ever made me dislike the Jets and become jealous of their success relative to my team 

but then again I can be a petty a-hole sometimes 

22 minutes ago, RETURNTOGLORY said:

976809c111e493db7698d7a4c7d17f782297ecb974d6990248c91dc9c3562b40.jpg

Consider for a moment there are infinite alternate parallel universes (there are):

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

We are just so so so bad... We have a GM that's incapable of doing the job. I mean at least try to make a move... Go down swinging 

Bye bye coach and assistants, big trade, even if it appears you lose it, just something to show you have a pulse. 

Terry should go to his yacht and F right off

• Agree 4

***** effort full of fancy and hope.  This team has no idea what it takes to consistently win in this league.  And the topper was Donny naming names in his pg presser, and he names a freaking rookie who has been a bright spot?  I'm done. Fire Donnie.  How desperate. 

And props to the lone man in 202ish trying to start the "fire Donnie" chant.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I've lived outside of Buffalo for 30 years.

I didn't start rooting for another team because of it and I never will.

Any real Sabres Fan would never root for the Chowdaheads so I think you may be the delusional one. 

Did you read my childhood story? I've posted it several times and if you don't get it that's your problem. 

Would it help you (not that I want to help you but still) if I told you I think the Bruins right now are highly over rated and are in fact resembling a very mediocre hockey team right now ? I do not see them having any hope of getting past Florida in the playoffs. This is objective truth, which I use when evaluating both teams. But whatever.

So yes, I'm not a "real" fan. Go have a chat with the other dumbskull who likes to say that. You can high five each other and feel better about yourself and having to endure this misery. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Can't wait to go to the game on Monday.  Literally strong-armed in doing so.  This team sucks so bad I'd rather pay to NOT attend.  

Hmm have the Pegulas looked into this?

Could be a solid business model 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Did you read my childhood story? I've posted it several times and if you don't get it that's your problem. 

Would it help you (not that I want to help you but still) if I told you I think the Bruins right now are highly over rated and are in fact resembling a very mediocre hockey team right now ? I do not see them having any hope of getting past Florida in the playoffs. This is objective truth, which I use when evaluating both teams. But whatever.

So yes, I'm not a "real" fan. Go have a chat with the other dumbskull who likes to say that. You can high five each other and feel better about yourself and having to endure this misery. 

All the more sweeter when they do figure it out. I'll be here. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.