GDT LA Kings at Buffalo Sabres Tues 7pm MSG/ ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

1 minute ago, JohninMinn. said:

The coaching tonite has been phenomenal. 

Like I said, the 5-on-5 system is sound enough.  They must drive to the net consistently for this team to perform well.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He stuck with him when the popular take was UPL was a dud.

Only enough to include him in a hedged bet with an un-ready Levi and un-fit to be an NHLer Comrie to the tune of literally half our games this season having been started by the latter 2, and poor goaltending results overall until ~ half way through the season, thereby significantly contributing to a slow start 

we were measuring by way of results this season, remember. 

If UPL is good next year, and the backup looks reasonable, and we make the playoffs, I’ll give Adams credit for sticking with UPL. And I mean that literally: he will in fact be due credit for sticking with him. It’s just not appropriate rn imo

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

The only problem is games like this trigger my inner reptile brain or whatever to think "this is it. this is the game that starts the run." When every other ounce of my person knows this is just not the case ...

I think someone already said it, but it’s not that it’s indicative of a meaningful run, doesn’t look like there’s sufficient runway for that, realistically: but it could be indicative of some hope for runs like that in the future 

- - - 

i wish nothing more than for this team to have the Runs in the future 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

They are entertaining me, which is my bar, once they have pretty much eliminated themselves from the post season.

RyJo is shifty and helps puck possession and breakouts. He looks so much more confident than Power, solid for a rookie. Cozens is almost back.

UPL is not the problem this year, continuing good play.

Keep this up for 20 more minutes.

• Agree 1

Just now, French Collection said:

They are entertaining me, which is my bar, once they have pretty much eliminated themselves from the post season.

RyJo is shifty and helps puck possession and breakouts. He looks so much more confident than Power, solid for a rookie. Cozens is almost back.

UPL is not the problem this year, continuing good play.

Keep this up for 20 more minutes.

Cozens very promising of late 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Only enough to include him in a hedged bet with an un-ready Levi and un-fit to be an NHLer Comrie to the tune of literally half our games this season having been started by the latter 2, and poor goaltending results overall until ~ half way through the season, thereby significantly contributing to a slow start 

we were measuring by way of results this season, remember. 

If UPL is good next year, and the backup looks reasonable, and we make the playoffs, I’ll give Adams credit for sticking with UPL. And I mean that literally: he will in fact be due credit for sticking with him. It’s just not appropriate rn imo

Let's not credit Adams too soon, now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's not credit Adams to soon, now.

I mean, ya. The output of the goaltending was poor to below average for the first half of the season. I didn’t create the stats  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.