GDT: Sabres @ Habs - Thu. 7 pm ET, Jan 4, 2024 MSG-B, ESPN+, RDS, TSN 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

Levi with a lot of big saves.  Could have been a different game but he kept us in, then the goals came. 

I don’t like the way this team plays with a lead, they haven’t had it much, they have to learn how to shut down an opponent and limit their chances. 

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, TageMVP said:

If the Sabres do not score the first goal, I'd fire Granato during the first intermission. 

Actually, if the Sabres don't win the entirety of their remaining games, I'd fire Granato. Win the rest of the games or you're FIRED 

How's that for urgency 

Wow it worked 

• Haha (+1) 4

Nice to see them get solid goaltending and a kind of effective PP.  Goes a long way towards making what could be toss up games become W's leaving the other team in the rear view.

So they come back with Levi again next game, right?

• Agree 3

Some quick thoughts on this game. Levi gets the first star. He made a number of exceptional stops but what was most impressive is that there were few rebounds. 

Skinner gets the second star. The best pass of the game was his pass to Mitts for a goal. And the best shot of the game was his laser shot for a goal when he was on the side of the net. 

The team was swarming on defense in their zone. The Habs had little room to maneuver because when they got the puck our players were all over them. 

I thought all three of our pairings were good. No weak links.

Tage should buy Skinner a dinner. Skinner took care of him in this game. Our first line played well. 

Quinn has a terrific shot. What's encouraging is that since he returned it appears that his injury has had no lingering effect. 

This team needs to string some wins together to get back into playoff contention. A win is a win. No complaints about this game. 

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:
32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Can someone explain how MTL has two guys in the box, and Buffalo has one, and it's even strength? 🤔

It's a 'Canadien' thing...we wouldn't understand.

Cuzzy somehow got a double minor out of getting assaulted and battered.

image.thumb.png.02c1f75082b56515c78d3bbca84b31a7.png

22 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

66300712_tenor(1)(1).gif.fe83e05a8986f475a0679e28d47a1f49.gif

Curb your enthusiasm there, Cuzzy.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.