GDT: Bruins @ Sabres - 7:30 pm, Dec. 27, 2023, TNT/Max📺 WGR 550 AM 📻

Doohickie

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

Wowza ! I guess I should have stuck with watching paint dry. Talk about low event. This team is comatose. 

My bar is pretty low, just entertain me. I went to the Leafs/Sens game after the 4th Bruins goal because that game was entertaining.

BTW I hate both of those teams but it was a close entertaining game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

There is zero excuse for a team with as much talent as the Sabres do to be 30th in PP percentage.  

PK is quickly falling down the league rankings. 

Face- off percentage is 30th

team lack's attention to detail 

points directly at the coaching staff 

There's a massive excuse.  The PP coaching is, and has been, trash for literally YEARS.

There is zero  non-remediable excuse.

Edited by Taro T
Typo
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hurt is fine.  Injured ...

He was putting weight on the foot after blocking the shot.  Here's to hoping it's just painfu.

I applaud his effort but if it comes with an "out 2-3 weeks with a lower body injury"...

5 hours ago, Big Guava said:

Make the world a better place, punch Brad Marchand in the face.

Well, I guess you got your wish - sort of. He did get a whack in the beak. About as much as you can expect from the Sabres I think so congrats, you got your wish 🙂

Men against boys. No more, no less.

I thought they nailed it in the second intermission. Sabres have "too many of the same guy". And the prospect pool is pretty much more of that same. 

One team skates fast, possesses the puck, stays around the perimeter and lets loose low percentage shots that are easy saves. The other team goes to the dirty areas rather than avoiding them and gets high percentage chances. Pretty much sums up the difference I think. The perimeter stuff doesn't lead to wins though and I think just about everyone here knows this by now, except Granato/KA/the Sabres themselves. 

Games like this give me the feeling that it'll be like this forever. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

What in the world jost doing on the top line. I know it didn't last long but by the time hcdg made the change it was too late. 

Can we please get rid of olofsson. He is completely useless. 

Adams is holding out unless somebody offers a first rounder for him....kidding, but I don't doubt that he has a minimum price that the other 30 teams feel is ridiculously high and so we're stuck with him until we get nothing but a 5th rounder at the deadline.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sabresouth said:

Can we please get rid of olofsson. He is completely useless. 

We’ve been saying this for years now.

DG benched him and KA was probably trying to move him but kept him when Quinn went down. Poor decision to think VO would replace Quinn.

Now he will get nothing for him, at least he was a 28 goal scorer in the off season.

1 minute ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Any serious hockey organization that came into the season with playoff aspirations would have canned this coaching staff by now. Probably after the CBJ debacle. This is not a serious hockey organization.

It’s not.  Winning is not a priority.  Winning someday is their plan. They tell us that all the time, we just don’t pick up on it.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Jack Quinn is so good. 

Expect Jost getting waived is just about a given.  He, or Comrie, is the odd man out with them being nearly healthy.  And if Girgensons is going to be active this weekend as the reports seem to indjcate, the other one will be following soon after.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

It’s not.  Winning is not a priority.  Winning someday is their plan. They tell us that all the time, we just don’t pick up on it.  

The party line is that they won't sacrifice the future for winning today.  But, at some point, if they do nothing and keep spinning their wheels, by unintentionally throwing away today, they will be sacrificing the future.  This group does bounce back and doesn't dwell on losses, which is a positive for Granato.  But at some point, the camel's back breaks.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I thought they nailed it in the second intermission. Sabres have "too many of the same guy". And the prospect pool is pretty much more of that same.  

This is exactly it. I've been saying this for years.

This roster is built to score, and to score fancy. No tough goals, no garbage goals. Highlight reel or nothing 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.