GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Tue. 7 pm ET, Dec 19, 2023, MSG-B, BSOH πŸ“Ί WGR πŸ“»

Spoonman

I'm tired of hearing people just instinctively complain about a lack of effort or saying the Defensemen are awful.Β  That is not the problem this team has.

The Defensemen can be bad SOME of the time, but the biggest issues this team has is not challenging shooters (waving sticks at them) but even worse is having Zero knowledge of defensive zone coverage (mostly by the forwards).Β  Of the last 20 goals the Sabres allowed I have watched and rewatched the replays over and over, and on well over half of them (maybe 3/4 of them) there is a shooter or a defensive spot on the ice that is WIDE OPEN and totally un-accounted for.

That isn't the Defensmen being awful (although I'm getting there with Power's play), that isn't lack of effort (maybe forwards not hustling back)....that is a pee-wee level of knowledge of how to play positionally in your own zone.

Dahlin isn't playing like an all-star, but he does seem to be the best player on this team. If I was him I would be PO'ed to an unreal degree with the way the forwards on this team are playing.

Just now, Goldseatsaud said:

Adams was hired because he is a yes manΒ 

It's a common theme within the organization. Β Terry gets to feel comfortable and the result is the team sucks. Β 

Anyone remember the video during draft weekend of some front office exec practically breaking down in tears when they were talking how the culture was so much better under Adams? Β Yeah...

Β 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.