Jeff Skinner placed on IR; Brett Murray called up

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Borderline late hit imo, but the whiplash he got from it, Im scared of a concussion, its good to side line him.

If a concussion was even suspected, he would not have returned for the power play later before leaving for good.  I think it's something he thought he could play through until he tried to play through it.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Adam's?

I think we're talking about Jeff's.

I know it was a clean hit, but man... Not one sabres even gave McKinnonn a tiny bump the rest of the game. I watched them shy away from him in the corner multiple times after. 

You are allowed to hit back, even a clean hit. This team is lacking something... Heart/Soul, toughness, moxy... Idk maybe a bit of all of it, but they are not likeable. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Quint said:

I've had multiple concussions and that teeth-rattling hit MacKinnon laid on Skinner looked like one to me. 

The weird thing is after Skinny went off, he came back later in the game for shift. Then he exited for good. If it was a concussion, I don’t think that would have happened.  Maybe ribs or shoulder?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/14/2023 at 8:39 PM, PickaPecaPickles said:

This could be the defining moment for this team. It’s time to step up and grow up. 
that said, skinner is an albatross. He’s never been to the playoffs. As soon as he left Carolina, they made the playoffs. 
I actually love the guy, but…ya gotta face facts. 

Let the win streak commence with the albatross of their necks.  Hehehe...

7 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The weird thing is after Skinny went off, he came back later in the game for shift. Then he exited for good. If it was a concussion, I don’t think that would have happened.  Maybe ribs or shoulder?

In the slow motion replay I noticed a whiplash effect to his neck as he hit the boards.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.