GDT November 30th Sabres @ Blues 8pm MSG, ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

This team is consistent at one thing.  Inconsistency.  Frustrating to no end.  I thought they outplayed the Blues overall, but stretches of this game including the first 10 minutes was just head scratching.  Have the kids ready to ***** play at puck drop.
 Donny, what are you telling the team during the time out?  Did you not expect push back?  And what’s up with the three quarter zip sweaters?   Every game?  Are you on blood thinners?  Mix in a v-neck, would ya?  I think we have Nana’s shawl if you’re chilly on the bench.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

This is worse than living inside a yo-yo.

One day, “we are awful. Worst team in hockey. Coach has to go. GM has to go.”

Next day, “well, we may have something to work with here. There is promise.”

Next day, “we totally suck so bad!”

Maybe if the organization was interested in having real goaltenders then the results might be different.  

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Which is a direct reflection of the team. 😂

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

That’s why win or lose people should be advocating change. It’s a problem either way, a few wins doesn’t change that. 

• Like (+1) 4

They never get ahead of anything.  How can they look at this and not see there's a systemic issue. Stop being reactive. Be proactive.  Get rid of Clifton, Comrie, Greenway.  You're on the clock coach.

F*** trusting the process. 

Edited by Rasmus_
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

They never get ahead of anything.  How can they look at this and not see there's a systemic issue. Stop being reactive. Be proactive.  Get rid of Clifton, Comrie, Greenway.  You're on the clock coach.

The coach doesn’t get rid of players, the GM does.  

Side note, some of the worst free agent signings ever lasted a minimum of one season.  There is just no way Adams trades a dude 4 months after signing him.  

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

The coach doesn’t get rid of players, the GM does.  

Side note, some of the worst free agent signings ever lasted a minimum of one season.  There is just no way Adams trades a dude 4 months after signing him.  

There doesn't seem to be any accountability on the players.  McDermott may be a dick, but he will sit players who are underperforming or making mistakes (i.e. Cook).  Don't see Granato doing this.  They also really need to get some more veterans in here who can budge some of these players out of their stupor.

• Like (+1) 3

This was a total team meltdown defensively. Our defense can never seem to take the man in front of the net. Also on the faceoffs, it seems to take forever for our players to get in the proper position. Our backchecking was non existent last night. The sad thing is that our offense was clicking but everything else was crap! I know we are missing a few players, but at times we look worse then a AHL team. 

On the good news, the Bensen, JJ, and Cozens line looked good. 

I honestly think it was just one of those bad luck/Juju nights for the sabres. The perfect shots on the first 2 and lack of defense the rest of the game. LOL

38 minutes ago, steveoat87 said:

There doesn't seem to be any accountability on the players.  McDermott may be a dick, but he will sit players who are underperforming or making mistakes (i.e. Cook).  Don't see Granato doing this.  They also really need to get some more veterans in here who can budge some of these players out of their stupor.

I don’t disagree but he did sit Clifton last night.  I bet Ryan Johnson gets a seat after last night. 

34 minutes ago, Shoot da Puck said:

Angry Fan GIF

People Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Me in the Oranges at the Aud, back in the day. Saved up my paper route money to go to the game, buy a pennant to hang in my room,bag of peanuts (in the shell, of course), and a Pepsi! We played the hated bean turd bruins, had 3 fights (one bench clearing), and Sabres won the game. Oh, and I walked to the game in 12 inches (30 cm) of snow uphill (both ways). Fun times.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Spoonman said:

People Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Me in the Oranges at the Aud, back in the day. Saved up my paper route money to go to the game, buy a pennant to hang in my room,bag of peanuts (in the shell, of course), and a Pepsi! We played the hated bean turd bruins, had 3 fights (one bench clearing), and Sabres won the game. Oh, and I walked to the game in 12 inches (30 cm) of snow uphill (both ways). Fun times.

Wow, got my money from my paper route to buy $2 Buffalo Bison tickets, than Sabres......gee, you are old....lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Didn't watch the game but saw the highlights a few times. 

Who is the team's defensive coach?

Is there one?

The team is too young and inexperienced. They need more hard-nosed players who are willing to dish out the punishment. They look easy to play against. Zadorov would've been a nice add, if he would've agreed to come back here. 

The fish rots from the head down. It appears that Adams is on a tight leash financially, only investing in guys who are already here. Problem is, he's investing in all the soft guys Adams drafted.

Pegula needs to sell. When he spends, he's a disaster. When he doesn't spend, he's still a disaster. He's the Hindenburg of Hockey.

Edited by Quint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.