IT'S GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres (9-9-2) @ New Jersey Devils (8-9-1) Sat 7pm MSG, ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

54 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He's been our worst goal this season so far.

You know what's funny? I never hear anyone on TV say anything about goaltending being the issue with this team. 

1 minute ago, Slack_in_MA said:

And we all laughed at @Buffalonill's 7-1 sh*t-show prediction....

Blind squirrel, meet nut.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Has anybody heard any recent comments from GMKA on the state of his team and this season's performance?  If so, what has he said?

That he absolutely loves the losses and the high GAA. And the injuries. Yea, he loves the revolving door of injuries. I mean what GM wouldn’t be ecstatic about those things.  

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I wish we had some roster space to bring in vets that wouldn’t displace Quinn or Peterka. Simultaneously the only spots open would be where the other vets are in Okposo and Girgs. So it feels almost a waste and detrimental

Exactly.   We're kind of stuck.  A non healthy roster most of the season has been difficult to overcome.   Yet they're 9-10-2 with all that's happened and playing really bad when it's been bad. 

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

I just saw a meat wagon cart away someone who appeared to have OD'ed and died outside Penn Station Newark (I'm 100% serious) so someone had a worse night than we did.

I also heard 15 people died tonight worldwide after choking on an ice cube. Sadly the cause of death will never be determined.

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I wish we had some roster space to bring in vets that wouldn’t displace Quinn or Peterka. Simultaneously the only spots open would be where the other vets are in Okposo and Girgs. So it feels almost a waste and detrimental

He could have easily improved on Kebs, Jost, VO, Joker, and the  Clifton acquisition …

Adams blew the offseason   Krebs, Levi, Johnson, Kulich, Rosen should all be in Rochester.  They are kids  

Girgs is best of the bottom tier. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Losses are not an outlier, they are the result of the product KA has built, Granato and staff have coached.

Ok, let's get another GM in here to get your 4 excellent players, a true number one goalie and keep every player you'd want to keep.  Good grief. 

1 minute ago, 7+6=13 said:

Ok, let's get another GM in here to get your 4 excellent players, a true number one goalie and keep every player you'd want to keep.  Good grief. 

Dude just measure him against the other GMs in the league. It’s a relative comp. We have achieved less on average than other teams. It’s his job - they get evaluated by results. It’s very straightforward 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Pimlach said:

He could have easily improved on Kebs, Jost, VO, Joker, and the  Clifton acquisition …

Adams blew the offseason   Krebs, Levi, Johnson, Kulich, Rosen should all be in Rochester   

Girgs is best of the bottom tier. 

This highlighted just isn't true.  It would be great and I wish it were true. 

If it was true, the players you mentioned that should be in Roc would be great.  

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Dude just measure him against the other GMs in the league. It’s a relative comp. We have achieved less on average than other teams. It’s his job - they get evaluated by results. It’s very straightforward 

Why haven't any of our GM's done well in the last 15 years?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 7+6=13 said:

Now your getting off course. The original conversation was on players that could withstand the physical assault as well as players that address need. That pertains to bottom 6 forwards, 4 to 6 d man, an enforcer if you will and a goalie.

Your response: "KA will have to sell EVERY ASSET WE HAVE FOR WHAT YOUR ASKING"

And what, exactly, am I asking for? Again, addressable roster needs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Why haven't any of our GM's done well in the last 15 years?

Because we’ve had inept GMs. Or an owner hiring inept GMs. Take your pick

Sorry, is Occam’s Razor here that we are mystically cursed? Hockey gods? Monkey paw?

Winning teams just can’t be built in Buffalo? Come on now 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.