Tage likely to miss significant time per Granato

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Tage likely to miss significant time per Granato

And there it is 

2 choices for the Sabres 

make a trade for another top forward, using your 24 first and a prospect or two. and sign Kane   OR

bring in all the kids, let them play under DG for the remainder of the year 

Kulich and Rosen now.  Benson and Savoie after the WJC.  
waive Comrie and play UPL and Levi the remainder of the year.  Finish in the bottom 10 and get another high draft pick. OR actually use the pick to bring in a player that can help the team next year   But here we are again "wait till next season" 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

And there it is 

2 choices for the Sabres 

make a trade for another top forward, using your 24 first and a prospect or two. and sign Kane   OR

waive Comrie and play UPL and Levi the remainder of the year.  Finish in the bottom 10 and get another high draft pick. OR actually use the pick to bring in a player that can help the team next year   But here we are again "wait till next season" 

We all know what option Adams is going with 

I really, really hope the fanbase doesn’t allow him to attribute any excuses to this season, if we don’t turn it around 

If we finish bottom 10 and make the pick I will resign. Prob to a fair bit of popular demand at that point. But we absolutely do not need another top 10 18 year old 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

And there it is 

2 choices for the Sabres 

Great another high pick that we can use on a skilled undersized forward with no toughness.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

We all know what option Adams is going with 

I really, really hope the fanbase doesn’t allow him to attribute any excuses to this season, if we don’t turn it around 

I'm usually pretty optimistic but a team devoid of any forward depth just lost their best forward.   I really don't see how it turns around from here 

may as well bring up Rosen and Kulich and give them a head start for next season 

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I'm usually pretty optimistic but a team devoid of any forward depth just lost their best forward.   I really don't see how it turns around from here 

may as well bring up Rosen and Kulich and give them a head start for next season 

And if we miss the playoffs next season, Adams is fired. Fair? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I would think it's fair. DG goes after this season and KA would be next.   
I can't imagine they aren't a playoff team next year with the talent they have and a new coach 

Are you seriously talking about 24-25?  If they miss the playoffs this year(no excuses), I want DG & KA fired.  I take that back…I want that buffoon Pegula to sell the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Are you seriously talking about 24-25?  If they miss the playoffs this year(no excuses), I want DG & KA fired.  I take that back…I want that buffoon Pegula to sell the team. 

Please tell me how they are going to make the playoffs this season, now that Thompson is out.  

There is no way KA gets fired after this season.  He will be allowed to hire a 2nd coach   

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m yelling and venting and whining as much (see: more) than anyone today because it’s how I truly feel (I’m just going to outright refer to Kevyn as the phoney baloney GM. I’ve never been as off-put by a Sabres Character before), but, I’m sticking to Adams getting a further year after this one before canning. It’s important for him fail on his own plan so thoroughly, in such a blindingly obvious way so that 1) the fans can understand how indisputably necessary his firing was and have closure 

2) maybe the team will learn something about what utter hubris gets you. Maybe they’ll learn the need to prioritize winning, which we still have not done 

3) I could just be wrong, and we are a great team next year, and Adams is a good GM and he proves it by year 5

it’s a nice round number well enough.

9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Please tell me how they are going to make the playoffs this season, now that Thompson is out.  

There is no way KA gets fired after this season.  He will be allowed to hire a 2nd coach   

That honestly should be KAs problem not ours. That’s his outlook, isn’t it? He cashed in 3 years. If he put himself in a position where he had to go 1 for 1, that’s the situation he willfully set up. It doesn’t take 4 years to make the playoffs. He’s the one who cashed in all his runway on years with zero expectations. Time to pay the piper 

Edited by Thorny

26 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

And there it is 

2 choices for the Sabres 

I'll take Sabres Destiny for 600 Alex.

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes, if the playoffs are missed, they should be fired. Enough is enough.

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I’m yelling and venting and whining as much (see: more) than anyone today because it’s how I truly feel (I’m just going to outright refer to Kevyn as the phoney baloney GM. I’ve never been as off-put by a Sabres Character before), but, I’m sticking to Adams getting a further year after this one before canning. It’s important for him fail on his own plan so thoroughly, in such a blindingly obvious way so that 1) the fans can understand how indisputably necessary his firing was and have closure 

2) maybe the team will learn something about what utter hubris gets you. Maybe they’ll learn the need to prioritize winning, which we still have not done 

3) I could just be wrong, and we are a great team next year, and Adams is a good GM and he proves it by year 5

it’s a nice round number well enough.

That honestly should be KAs problem not ours. That’s his outlook, isn’t it? He cashed in 3 years. If he put himself in a position where he had to go 1 for 1, that’s the situation he willfully set up. It doesn’t take 4 years to make the playoffs. He’s the one who cashed in all his runway on years with zero expectations. Time to pay the piper 

100% should have been his goal to get them to the playoffs.   But I don't think it was   - it was 1 more year of development. Otherwisec I  can't explain the lack of trades / moves to improve the team

13 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

100% should have been his goal to get them to the playoffs.   But I don't think it was   - it was 1 more year of development. Otherwisec I  can't explain the lack of trades / moves to improve the team

I think his strategy, and he believes it, is that making the playoffs would merely be a symptom of what they are TRYING to build, which is a Cup team. It’s a subtle distinction, but I have long been formulating a theory (I’ve been musing and posting about this here for about 2 years to see if anyone agreed - none yet have, understandably) that THIS franchise cannot achieve success in that way. We are somehow marred by the tank that failed and the poisonous mindset it instilled. That festers and lingers. I think they need to not focus on deals that help the long term, that also help now, and instead prioritize deals that help right now. I think we have to have some humility, some damn RESPECT for what it takes to win in the national league, and strap up our boots and go out there and make the moves necessary to make the playoffs, now: fight, scratch, and claw to just win. Tell ourselves that winning is enough. Being respectable is enough. 

enough of this “we aren’t going to win the cup this year anyways.” ENOUGH of that poison. Do not put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

make the playoffs. Get our Soul back

i think we’ll be surprised what kind of stepping stone that allows. A much more solid base than a prospect system. We haven’t made it in so long, there’s now a magic inherent in it. If you are looking for magic, @thewookie1, there’s your monkey paw 

Edited by Thorny

20 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

In all fairness, this group wasn’t making the playoffs with Thompson.  

Pegula will definitely not allow firings happen anytime soon.  He wouldn’t want the negative attention of pink slips at One Bills Drive and Sabreland.  It would give the appearance that the sh$t is going south with both franchises.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.