Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

I am incensed at Appert for when he pulled the goalie. Absolutely ridiculous. The Amerks are just crossing the red line with 2 minutes to go and he’s waving frantically for Cooley to come to the bench. Meanwhile the Amerks turned the puck over at the blue line and that’s all she wrote.  I hate this coach.  

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Y’all need to chill.
Hershey is the best team in the AHL at 26-6-0. The Amerks hung tough, but they were by no means supposed to win this game nor were they the better team. 

Hard to chill with this trend

Oct - 7-2

Nov - 5-5

Dec - 3-8 with a game tonight.

Teams is taking on way too many of the same traits as the Sabres.  

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Y’all need to chill.
Hershey is the best team in the AHL at 26-6-0. The Amerks hung tough, but they were by no means supposed to win this game nor were they the better team. 

They have 5 regulation wins. 5! They haven’t won in regulation since November. They haven’t won a home game since November 18th. This team is miserably bad. Who cares if they hung with Hershey? Hershey did what great teams do on the road, they played a simple game and waited for the Amerks to make a mistake, which of course they did with 6 minutes to go, and took advantage. 

16 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

They have 5 regulation wins. 5! They haven’t won in regulation since November. They haven’t won a home game since November 18th. This team is miserably bad. Who cares if they hung with Hershey? Hershey did what great teams do on the road, they played a simple game and waited for the Amerks to make a mistake, which of course they did with 6 minutes to go, and took advantage. 

They beat Laval at home on Nov 23 & 25th.  Guess how many home games they’ve had since then? Three before last night. You’re inventing reasons to be mad. It’s almost like you enjoy it. 

34 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Hard to chill with this trend

Oct - 7-2

Nov - 5-5

Dec - 3-8 with a game tonight.

Teams is taking on way too many of the same traits as the Sabres.  

I hear you on the trend.  But they’re the reigning division champs and conference finalists. Veterans throughout the roster.  This team deserves the benefit of the doubt to get things figured out.

This has been the most successful 2.5 year period in Amerks hockey in a generation.  

But hey, guys like contempt, SabreMike and Amerks6969 flame away. Burn it all down. Everything sucks and no one is trying to win. Enjoy your echo chamber thread of negativity.  I’ll leave you to it.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

They beat Laval at home on Nov 23 & 25th.  Guess how many home games they’ve had since then? Three before last night. You’re inventing reasons to be mad. It’s almost like you enjoy it. 

I hear you on the trend.  But they’re the reigning division champs and conference finalists. Veterans throughout the roster.  This team deserves the benefit of the doubt to get things figured out.

This has been the most successful 2.5 year period in Amerks hockey in a generation.  

But hey, guys like contempt, SabreMike and Amerks6969 flame away. Burn it all down. Everything sucks and no one is trying to win. Enjoy your echo chamber thread of negativity.  I’ll leave you to it.

It was pulled from the Kevin O article.  Even so, everything else said is accurate. I don’t care about giving them the benefit of the doubt. No one would say anything similar if this were the Sabres and a similar situation. 

6 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I have half year seasons, and I agree with you 1000% about the past 2.5 years. The crowds have been amazing during that time and are getting better. That place was half empty on a Friday night for way too many years. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Question Amerks fans; Have the additions of Bryson and Stillman made the Amerks better?

I mean Stillman has been here all season.  Bryson, probably.  Jost is the one who has really made the difference.  He’s not an AHL talent.  Maybe a tweener but he dominates in the A. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2