GDT: 🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ New Jersey Devils 27 October 2023 7:00 PM MSG

MattPie

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

They're playing like they traveled to London or something.

New Jersey has been all over them in the 3rd.

This New Jersey team reminds me so much of the 05 to 07 Sabres. They have great speed, great snipers, players that aren't afraid to shoot and a goalie that's decent enough. Not to mention a coach that is solid. I'm impressed.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

New Jersey has been all over them in the 3rd.

This New Jersey team reminds me so much of the 05 to 07 Sabres. They have great speed, great snipers, players that aren't afraid to shoot and a goalie that's decent enough. Not to mention a coach that is solid. I'm impressed.

They are fast and their breakouts are full speed straight ahead. The Sabres are fast but do a lot of east west stuff allowing the Devils to get back.

• Like (+1) 2

Great hustle play by Mitts at the end. 

Outplayed thoroughly in the 3rd. Sabres just can't build momentum so far.

I'm starting to find myself on the we need to go get a goalie train. Wasn't all their fault tonight, but need to be better. I'm not sure Levi is ready to carry the load. I have very little faith in Comrie and none in UPL.

3-5. How long to you "wait and see" before you make some kind of move? This should be a playoff year.

• Agree 1

Wondering if that Devil falling on top of Comrie is what actually injured him.  Expecting it was.

That injury was a huge factor in this one.

Wonder how close Levi is.  Because, yes, UPL got a win against the Avs last year and yes, the Sabres will be wearing their red and black Sunday afternoon but Bryson and UPL both playing on Sunday against a team that good is NOT inspiring confidence.  Not saying they'll lose that one, but man will it take a serious effort to win that one under those circumstances.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yes and there are other issues as well. 

Ruff is a great coach and they play so much faster than we do.

Shots were 18-3 in the third. That's a goalie problem? 

The goal bounced in off two people. That wasn't UPLs fault either. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Before the 3rd period Buffalo was outshooting and had more scoring chances than the NJD.

Didn’t shoot when it mattered.

• Like (+1) 1

Lucky we had some of the core and step up with some timely goals.

I haven’t watched any NJD yet this year, they are quick. Way faster than this Sabres team. This one could have gotten out of hand.

The Comrie injury is worrisome. He’s played well in his 4.5 periods this year. That wasn’t a super explosive or stretchy movement. Pretty mundane and non-contact to be doubled over. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.