GDT: πŸ’ Buffalo Sabres @ New Jersey Devils 27 October 2023 7:00 PM MSG

MattPie

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Dominated in the 3rd. Completely. This is not a playoff team or even close as of right now.Β 

Yea dominated in the 3rd. I am frustrated with how slow we looked compared to NJ. We’re built in fairly similar fashion. I don’t think we need to be as good as NJ right now, but at times we didn’t look even comparable.Β 

But I’m not gonna freak out on the rest of the year until they start stringing together losses. Keeping those to a minimum means it a small win streak or two changes the dynamic very quickly.Β 

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That doesn’t explain the rest of the goals. UPL is not an NHL goalie and Sabres still don’t play defense. Β 

It's tough to win with an AHL-lite goaltender.Β  Tough bounces, but at some point a big frame like his has to be square with the puck hitting him.Β  We lost due to sloppy turnovers, about six Skinner Grade A misses and because their goalie was a lot better than ours.Β  Someone need to tell UPL he is allowed to stop breakaways.Β  That goal showed ho damn slow he is

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Great effort… but… another loss. Colorado coming in. Β Pretty much a disastrous start to the season.Β 

Definitely can see after 8 games that goaltending will be the problem again, as many could predict. Looks like UPL at home Sunday.Β 

We did not keep up in the 3rd period, we had some strong moments but Vanecek did enough to hold up, we didn’t test him enough.Β 

Bryson on Sunday is very possible and the hits keep coming.Β 

Β 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

That doesn’t explain the rest of the goals. UPL is not an NHL goalie and Sabres still don’t play defense. Β 

The Haula breakaway was a perfect shot and the other goal UPL allowed was tipped also.Β 

Both not necessarily on him although you want him to stop the breakaway which like I said was a helluva shot.

No need to chase another young goalie out if town just yet.

• Like (+1) 1

Another loss to the New Jersey Devils to our former head coach Lindy Ruff who the Buffalo Sabres Terry Pegula should never have fired. Thank you Terry Pegula for driving our NHL franchise into ground. I am so thankful for Hockey Heaven. Oh and don’t forget we should be grateful in Buffalo that we have a NHL team blah, blah. Too these Buffalo fans that make excuses for Terry Pegula forever doesn’t it get old? What is the excuse when the Seattle Kraken, Atlanta Thrashers and the Houston Aeros win the Stanley Cup and the Buffalo Sabres are still trying to make the playoffs? The losses are piling up the Sabres need to move on from Don Granato he isn’t the coach with the answers. Onto the Colorado Avalanche game Sunday in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go BuffaloΒ 

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Colorado with the red hot start. UPL probably in net. Looking at the possibility of 3-6 with a tough Philly team 2x and Toronto. Total disaster.Β 

Talk about hyperbole. Β 

why are you counting losses before the games are even played.? Β The season so far is hardly a total disasterΒ 

after they lost to mtl, gonna take a wild guess you had them losing to Ottawa as well?Β 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

The Haula breakaway was a perfect shot and the other goal UPL allowed was tipped also.Β 

Both not necessarily on him although you want him to stop the breakaway which like I said was a helluva shot.

No need to chase another young goalie out if town just yet.

wasn't a great shot,Β  He deked him and put it in the net when UPL was too slow to move with him

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yea dominated in the 3rd. I am frustrated with how slow we looked compared to NJ. We’re built in fairly similar fashion. I don’t think we need to be as good as NJ right now, but at times we didn’t look even comparable.Β 

But I’m not gonna freak out on the rest of the year until they start stringing together losses. Keeping those to a minimum means it a small win streak or two changes the dynamic very quickly.Β 

I get it, but it’s the same story every year. There is no reason for this bad of a start.Β 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.