GDT: πŸ’ Buffalo Sabres @ New Jersey Devils 27 October 2023 7:00 PM MSG

MattPie

1 minute ago, sabresouth said:

Does anyone know the line combo's yet? Go Sabres!!! Let's get a win streak startedΒ 

I posted the lines from yesterday's practice in another thread (same as the last game but with Jost on the 3rd line instead of Benson), but nothing is official for tonight's game that I've see

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Stads said:

I hope at some point tonight we are in the:

0005537_driving-board.thumb.jpeg.b5b1e2b178c0aad1fda9b403da2f0630.jpeg

Β 

Toy buying business?Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

NEWARK, N.J. – The Buffalo Sabres will aim for a second straight win on the road when they visit the New Jersey Devils on Friday at Prudential Center.

The Sabres are coming off a 6-4 victory in Ottawa on Tuesday. Jeff Skinner and Tage Thompson each scored a pair of goals in that game.

Coverage on MSG begins at 6:30 p.m. The puck drops at 7 on MSG/MSG+ and WGR 550.

Here are five things to know.

1.Β The lineup

The Sabres held an optional morning skate and did not run line rushes.

Eric Comrie will start in goal with Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen backing up. Devon Levi remains day to day with a lower-body injury.

2. Streaking

Rasmus Dahlin and Dylan Cozens both have chances to reach career-best point streaks on Friday.

Dahlin enters the night on a six-game point streak, with seven assists in that span. Cozens has two goals and four assists during his current five-game streak.

Jeff Skinner, meanwhile, has at least one goal in each of the past three games – including a two-goal performance in Ottawa on Tuesday.

3. Mittelstadt Mode

Casey Mittelstadt tallied a pair of assists against the Senators, upping his point total to six through seven contests. He leads all Sabres players in assists (17) and points (23) dating back to March 25 of last season, a span of 18 games.

4.Β The special teams battle

The game presents a clash between two of the NHL’s top special teams units to begin the season. The Devils boast the league’s top power play at 42.3 percent (11-for-26) while the Sabres rank sixth on the penalty kill at 88.9 percent (24-for-27).

5.Β Scouting the Devils

New Jersey’s success on the power play has coincided with the hottest individual start for a player in the NHL. That distinction belongs to forward Jack Hughes, who leads the league with 13 assists and 17 points in just six games.

Hughes has tallied at least a point in each of the Devils’ games this season.

β€œThere’s a case you could say he’s the best player in the world right now, the way he’s playing,” Granato said. β€œSo, fun to watch, less fun to play against, and that will be a challenge for us tonight.”

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Just watched the episode where George has Elaine take an IQ test for him. His stammering to explain the coffee on the test destroyed meΒ 

I only like this show more over time. That’s one of my favourites actually, also the trivial pursuit episode

moops πŸ˜‚

43 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Toy buying business?Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

NEWARK, N.J. – The Buffalo Sabres will aim for a second straight win on the road when they visit the New Jersey Devils on Friday at Prudential Center.

The Sabres are coming off a 6-4 victory in Ottawa on Tuesday. Jeff Skinner and Tage Thompson each scored a pair of goals in that game.

Coverage on MSG begins at 6:30 p.m. The puck drops at 7 on MSG/MSG+ and WGR 550.

Here are five things to know.

1.Β The lineup

The Sabres held an optional morning skate and did not run line rushes.

Eric Comrie will start in goal with Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen backing up. Devon Levi remains day to day with a lower-body injury.

2. Streaking

Rasmus Dahlin and Dylan Cozens both have chances to reach career-best point streaks on Friday.

Dahlin enters the night on a six-game point streak, with seven assists in that span. Cozens has two goals and four assists during his current five-game streak.

Jeff Skinner, meanwhile, has at least one goal in each of the past three games – including a two-goal performance in Ottawa on Tuesday.

3. Mittelstadt Mode

Casey Mittelstadt tallied a pair of assists against the Senators, upping his point total to six through seven contests. He leads all Sabres players in assists (17) and points (23) dating back to March 25 of last season, a span of 18 games.

4.Β The special teams battle

The game presents a clash between two of the NHL’s top special teams units to begin the season. The Devils boast the league’s top power play at 42.3 percent (11-for-26) while the Sabres rank sixth on the penalty kill at 88.9 percent (24-for-27).

5.Β Scouting the Devils

New Jersey’s success on the power play has coincided with the hottest individual start for a player in the NHL. That distinction belongs to forward Jack Hughes, who leads the league with 13 assists and 17 points in just six games.

Hughes has tallied at least a point in each of the Devils’ games this season.

β€œThere’s a case you could say he’s the best player in the world right now, the way he’s playing,” Granato said. β€œSo, fun to watch, less fun to play against, and that will be a challenge for us tonight.”

Tall order for our PK tonight!Β 

• Agree 1

I pay for season tickets. Β I pay for the full nhl streaming package for all Sabres game which is only available in Canada. Β As I sit downtown I can’t watch the friggen game tonight because I'm not paying again for some other streaming package for the odd time I'm here and team is on the road.

Having said that, if they are in the game after the first, and sabrespace tells me they are playing well, I’ll make my way out to a downtown establishment and grab a beer to watch there.Β 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.