Practice Lines 10/16

Brawndo

I still think Okposo is almost completely without function as a player on the ice. Girgensons isn't far behind. I would've liked to see someone come up from Roch. who can actually win faceoffs. None of our guys win faceoffs and that accounts for many goals/and/or/goals against. 

Also, trade for a starting goalie please! Get rid of this goalie logjam.

Missing Quinn bigly.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Sometimes meatballs is as rigid as he who shall not be mentioned(cough RALPH cough ). Its only two games in Donnie have some fun with it. Change some lines up ! Demote someone, move someone up. You just never know.

There's a tradeoff to be had with respect to stability versus trying to find natural chemistry.  If players don't play together long enough, they don't click.  If you depend on natural chemistry to click, line combinations become like a lottery ticket- you might get a winning combination but more likely not.

• Like (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

28 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Sometimes meatballs is as rigid as he who shall not be mentioned(cough RALPH cough ). Its only two games in Donnie have some fun with it. Change some lines up ! Demote someone, move someone up. You just never know.

Disagree, because it's early. You need to get your top line playing better, and you do that by keeping them together and letting them work it out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Oh it's funny ...The butler cleans up the puck. 

Christoph-Waltz-Ta-Da-GIF.gif

"The Butler just stole his coat!" (SHG)

"The Butler just slammed the door in their face!" (ENG to seal a win)

"The Butler said there is no place like home!" (scoring a key goal at KBC)

Edited by matter2003
  • Vomit 2
  • dislike 1

The only thing that came to mind for me re: the butler is The butler serves up a goal on that dish to Mittelstadt. But overall I’m not a huge fan of the nickname. I think it captures his playmaking ability as a passer, but doesn’t represent the relentless forecheck side to his game.

Edited by sabresparaavida

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.