Rookie watch - Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli, Cooley, Benson, Eklund or Knies - Who scores the most goals and who has the most points this season?

GASabresIUFAN

Rookie scoring!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which rookie forward scores the most goals this season?

• Bedard
    • Fantilli
    • Carlsson
    • Benson
    • Cooley
    • Knies
    • Eklund
    • Other
  2. 2. Which rookie forward has the most points this season?

• Bedard
    • Fantilli
    • Cooley
    • Benson
    • Carlsson
    • Eklund
    • Knies
    • Other

Bedard already has a goal and assist in 2 games.  Benson dominated the preseason with 7 pts in 6 games.  Knies snd Eklund are already 21 and Knies is playing with a top team.  Which rookie forward will have the most goals and points?  Did I forget anyone for the title?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

• GASabresIUFAN changed the title to Rookie watch - Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli, Cooley, Benson, Eklund or Knies - Who scores the most goals and who has the most points this season?
2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Frankly I couldn’t care less who gets the most goals or points.  I just want Benson to do well for the Sabres. And like every rookie that comes in, I have lower expectations of him in year one, which is don’t hurt the line you’re on. (If he stays past 9 games).

Ok, but you have to admit that that is an incredible list of talented rookies to open the season in the NHL and most are teenagers.  

I think unless an injury happens, it has to be Bedard. I'd love to pick someone else and feel good about it, but this to me is like the McDavid year...where there is 1 guy clear above the rest.

But, this still looks to be a good year for young rookies, should be exciting to watch and follow them as, as of right now, it looks like there are a few of them that might have a legit impact on their teams.

Bedard is good, really good. He might be an MVP candidate (top 5 playing in the league) within the next couple of years. But when I watch him, I just don't 'see' dominance every second, he just get the results.  When I think of generational players, I think of Ovechkins shot, Mario Lemieux just doing anything he wants with the puck and No-one could stop him. Lindros (before he got hurt) just looking like a talented grown man playing against 14 year-olds physically. McDavid's speed and his control at full speed. 

Bedard makes nice plays, I saw a great no look pass yesterday, and obviously he has great skill.  I just don't see any ONE dominant trait he has.  The collection of various skills he have might make him unstoppable at times, but I'm still looking for that ONE skill that no one can stop (Ovi's shot, Lemieux's size and control, McDavid's speed, Lindros strength, etc.)

Edited by mjd1001

38 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I think unless an injury happens, it has to be Bedard. I'd love to pick someone else and feel good about it, but this to me is like the McDavid year...where there is 1 guy clear above the rest.

But, this still looks to be a good year for young rookies, should be exciting to watch and follow them as, as of right now, it looks like there are a few of them that might have a legit impact on their teams.

Bedard is good, really good. He might be an MVP candidate (top 5 playing in the league) within the next couple of years. But when I watch him, I just don't 'see' dominance every second, he just get the results.  When I think of generational players, I think of Ovechkins shot, Mario Lemieux just doing anything he wants with the puck and No-one could stop him. Lindros (before he got hurt) just looking like a talented grown man playing against 14 year-olds physically. McDavid's speed and his control at full speed. 

Bedard makes nice plays, I saw a great no look pass yesterday, and obviously he has great skill.  I just don't see any ONE dominant trait he has.  The collection of various skills he have might make him unstoppable at times, but I'm still looking for that ONE skill that no one can stop (Ovi's shot, Lemieux's size and control, McDavid's speed, Lindros strength, etc.)

It’s his release. Stick and gone, wherever he wants it to go. Mike Bossy-esque.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bedard already has a goal and assist in 2 games.  Benson dominated the preseason with 7 pts in 6 games.  Knies snd Eklund are already 21 and Knies is playing with a top team.  Which rookie forward will have the most goals and points?  Did I forget anyone for the title?

Were all the players listed drafted in the 2023 draft?

Of all the options, which one doesn't belong?   

I'm not sure how Knies made the list.  Listen to Toronto media and the fanbase and I guess you would think he's the next great NHL all-star power forward, but in the few games I saw him play I don't see it.  Look at the measurables too...Late 2nd round pick, total of 11 games played, 1 goal and 4 assists so far (with some of that ice time being with Torontos top lines/players last year), and pretty much limited to 12.5-13 minutes of ice time per game.

I mean, maybe he will turn out to be good, but the hype train about him out of Toronto is a bit out of control.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Of all the options, which one doesn't belong?   

I'm not sure how Knies made the list.  Listen to Toronto media and the fanbase and I guess you would think he's the next great NHL all-star power forward, but in the few games I saw him play I don't see it.  Look at the measurables too...Late 2nd round pick, total of 11 games played, 1 goal and 4 assists so far (with some of that ice time being with Torontos top lines/players last year), and pretty much limited to 12.5-13 minutes of ice time per game.

I mean, maybe he will turn out to be good, but the hype train about him out of Toronto is a bit out of control.

Once he hits his ceiling of 3rd line winger the fans will call him a bust and run him out of town.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.