Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

I don't like their chances against the Kraken tomorrow, or the Canucks on Saturday.

I'm not especially enthralled with the Sabres chances against the Kraken or Canucks this week.

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I think you meant this for either the things that are awesome thread or complaint Thursdays thread. Why not both?!

I’m thinking I can remove the heads and just sell the mullet. That’s awesome. What do do with all the bodies? Complaint. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

There is probably a difference in the thought process though, between assessing such a first-time infraction by a guy whose played 500 NHL games and never been a problem and a guy who has played 10 career games, leads his team in PM and is clearly on the team to do this sort of thing. 

I might be in the minority but I'm not a believer in any forms of double standards. If Conor Bedard elbows a guy in the head this year as a first offender he should get the exact same treatment as a Rempe or whoever. The league should evaluate if it's deliberate or not, and if it is, same punishment applies no matter who you are. First offence is first offence. 

The evaluation of the "goon" vs. the infrequent skill guy will sort itself out over time as they repeat offend and the penalties increase as a result of that. Eventually they get a reputation and maybe even get over penalized for it. Unless their name is Trouba of course. 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I might be in the minority but I'm not a believer in any forms of double standards. If Conor Bedard elbows a guy in the head this year as a first offender he should get the exact same treatment as a Rempe or whoever. The league should evaluate if it's deliberate or not, and if it is, same punishment applies no matter who you are. First offence is first offence. 

The evaluation of the "goon" vs. the infrequent skill guy will sort itself out over time as they repeat offend and the penalties increase as a result of that. Eventually they get a reputation and maybe even get over penalized for it. Unless their name is Trouba of course. 

I know he did not "get in trouble" for it - but again, this is the second time that idiot has made a Devils' player bleed from a hit to the head in the 10 games he has been in the league. I know there were caveats to the first one (guy had his head down or whatever) - but to me this incident does not seem to be a "first time". So, yes - he should get suspended for purposefully hitting another player's face with his elbow in a situation where it was 100% avoidable. 

I, for one, am glad to see a departure from the "he's not a repeat offender because we never actually punished him before" mantra. 

5 hours ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I, for one, am glad to see a departure from the "he's not a repeat offender because we never actually punished him before" mantra. 

That’s not what happened at all. He threw a blatantly illegal hit and caused a multi-game injury. The two are additive when it comes to suspensions. This isn’t a change in approach. They can’t do that without getting in a huge fight with the union. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like that the Sabres are catching up on the Redwings. However, Isn’t there just something that bothers you deep inside when you see the Coyotes win? They shouldn’t even be a team. 

Edited by OverPowerYou

On 3/14/2024 at 3:16 AM, Sabres73 said:

I don't like their chances against the Kraken tomorrow, or the Canucks on Saturday.

Ukko Pekka Luukkonen may not lose another game this year.

Realistically, they need to go 2-0-1 over the next 4 to keep things going.

18 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

5 points out of 6 would be good but what about the 4th game? 😉

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

What are they doing on the back to back games?  Does Levi get a look at NJ at home if Comrie fails in either Vancouver or Seattle?

14 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

What are they doing on the back to back games?  Does Levi get a look at NJ at home if Comrie fails in either Vancouver or Seattle?

I would fully expect Levi to get called up if Comrie plays his next game at a Comrie level.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Give Atlanta, Quebec, and Salt Lake City an expansion team, move the Coyotes to Houston and water down the talent even more.

Atlanta , Salt Lake City and Houston, definitely. Add in Kansas City or another mid-west team, maybe Oklahoma City or Omaha. Cincinnati or Cleveland maybe. Move Winnipeg to Milwaukee. 40 teams by 2035 should be doable. That would make for a perfect home and home 78 game schedule. I like it. 

Edited by Hank

On 3/14/2024 at 11:44 AM, shrader said:

Anyone interested in a Jagr bobble head? I found 18,000 of them in my backyard. Must have fallen off a truck. 

Don't be surprised If you find some young adults wearing FBI wind breakers knocking on your door. Drama Swat GIF by CBS

12 hours ago, shrader said:

A pair of barn burners tonight. 

Great game to be at as the crowd was really into it.

LB gets his 2nd straight shutout and is now 9-1-1 in his last 11 games and 12-4-2 on the season.

Somebody is going to pay him to be a starter next year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

LB gets his 2nd straight shutout and is now 9-1-1 in his last 11 games and 12-4-2 on the season.

Hopefully he works out better then that other Jets backup that had a good statistical season and then got a 2 year deal from another team.😜

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Hopefully he works out better then that other Jets backup that had a good statistical season and then got a 2 year deal from another team.😜

Or the vast majority of the time that someone tries to make another teams backup their starter through free agency. 

4 hours ago, Ducky said:

Beware