Amerks Will Be a Wagon This Season

Flashsabre

On 10/23/2023 at 12:18 PM, Buffalonill said:

Kids with these sayings nowadays 

Kid came up selling candy at my door and he said "ok bet" when I was getting money.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952unha9hak4roipfwd8

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm sorry but I've never heard of this.

Is society really this screwed up that you can't say thank you anymore?

This phrase has been around for some years, but I would say it’s not that widely used.

I think the kid actually used it incorrectly.  It’s an acknowledgment of agreement with something.  It’s like an abbreviation of the phrase “ you bet”.

”Hey, you want to go see if that old grouchy guy down the street will buy some candy?”

”Bet” (You bet) (You bet I do)

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Curt said:

This phrase has been around for some years, but I would say it’s not that widely used.

I think the kid actually used it incorrectly.  It’s an acknowledgment of agreement with something.  It’s like an abbreviation of the phrase “ you bet”.

”Hey, you want to go see if that old grouchy guy down the street will buy some candy?”

”Bet” (You bet) (You bet I do)

Man are we getting laze 

12 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm sorry but I've never heard of this.

Is society really this screwed up that you can't say thank you anymore?

Pretty much. 

I've heard people use that word in that situation for years. Not sure why no one else seems to have never heard it. It's a "cultural" word, if that helps any. It was widely used years ago when I spent a few days in the clink, lol.  

Was at the game today.  Amerks were far and away the better team.  First goal by Rousek was a very pretty short handed goal, fought off the defender hanging all over him during breakaway and then somehow beat the goalie. 

One of the Laval goals was really fluky, hit Cooley's helmet (?), bounced off the wall behind the goal right to the front of the goal where it struck a Rocket player in the leg and fell into the goal... Like how unlucky can you be?    

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Goaltending the issue, or team defense?

To get five wins out of seven games and points in six out of seven, it means they got blown out one night. Their goaltending hasn’t been great, but they’re outscoring their problems. A healthy toker will help. 
Offense is generally ahead of defense in the first month. 
The Amerks are tied for the best record in the AHL, so hard to be mad at anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Goaltending the issue, or team defense?

A combination of both I’d say. The forwards can do a much better job and the defense has more lapses than you’d like to see, and the goaltending just hasn’t been good enough. Hoping Toker can settle that down when he returns to the lineup. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.