GDT - Bruins at Sabres - Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Pre-Season Game 2

Sabres Fan in NS

It's not clear from sabres.com whether the game will be streaming there.

But what is clear is that a bunch of key guys will be playing, including TT, Dahlin and Levi, and of course Joey "two times" Cecconi:

Forwards (12)

9 Zach Benson

15 Brandon Biro

49 Filip Cederqvist

85 Mason Jobst

48 Tyson Kozak

20 Jiri Kulich

37 Casey Mittelstadt

81 Brett Murray

63 Isak Rosen

53 Jeff Skinner

72 Tage Thompson

89 Alex Tuch

Defensemen (6)

3 Joseph Cecconi

38 Kale Clague

26 Rasmus Dahlin

83 Mats Lindgren

23 Mattias Samuelsson

61 Riley Stillman

Goalies (2)

27 Devon Levi

62 Devin Cooley

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

It's not clear from sabres.com whether the game will be streaming there.

It should be. It was previously announced all 7 preseason games will be on the website: According to this it will be on MSG (but the NESN Feed).  https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/how-to-watch-buffalo-sabres-preseason-games-2023

I also saw it listed on ESPN+ for anyone who has that. I assume that will also be the NESN feed

Edited by SabresBaltimore
I misread the link details as AND not OR
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

It says msg OR sabres.com for all pre season games. This one is on msg only? It has been a long off season.  I'm ready for some HOCKEY!!!! Let's go BUFFALO!!!

Ah yeah, I guess I read that too quickly.

I live in MD, and the Caps game was on the local RSN for me (Now called Monumental Sports I guess and is owned by the same guy who owns the Caps/Wizards), so I didn't pay much attention.

It did look like ESPN+ has tonight's game. However given that link says MSG is showing the NESN feed, I'll likely be stuck with that instead of having my choice of feeds.

Edited by SabresBaltimore

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Tuch not playing tonight, Nadeau will be in his place 

Was any reason given? I was interested to see how he played with Mitts.

I'm still not sure what they plan to do with Mitts. It sounded like Granato wants to keep him at Center, but we have too many Centers. Is he going to center our 3rd line? He showed last season he deserves a shot at playing top 6 minutes, but I just don't see them moving Thompson or Cozens to wing either. That also seems to leave Krebs on the 4th line unless they move him to winger and have Jost center the 4th. But I kind of expect Jost to be 13th forward

My initial thought is something like.

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Peterka-Cozens-Olofsson/Prospect

Greenway-Mitts-Olofsson/Prospect

Girgs-Kreb-Okie

Jost

I don't really love Olofsson on the 2nd line though. I'd rather have Mitts play second line and do something like:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Mitts-Cozens-Peterka

Greenway-Krebs-Olofsson

Girgs-Jost-Okie

Unless one of the prospects make it impossible to keep out of the mix.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Any Canadians with any advice on how to watch?

The previous game was geo-blocked for me in British Columbia on the sabres site

I have Sportsnet + which usually gets me all of the games but it was blocked.

I will be pi**ed off if that is the case in the regular season. Last year I got all of the Sabres games, can’t remember the pre season ones though.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Any Canadians with any advice on how to watch?

The previous game was geo-blocked for me in British Columbia on the sabres site

All Sabres games can be streamed in Canada via Sportsnet Plus ($250 for the season).  I see they're also carrying the game tonight.

15 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I will be pi**ed off if that is the case in the regular season. Last year I got all of the Sabres games, can’t remember the pre season ones though.

Woah.  Hopefully it isn't blocked as Sportsnet Plus is the only provider now I believe (use to be NHL Live).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

All Sabres games can be streamed in Canada via Sportsnet Plus ($250 for the season).  I see they're also carrying the game tonight.

Woah.  Hopefully it isn't blocked as Sportsnet Plus is the only provider now I believe (use to be NHL Live).

Fingers crossed.

Sportsnet Plus was fantastic last year. Didn’t miss a game and was grateful about not having to chase games across multiple platforms like many US fans seem to.

Like @French Collection, I don’t remember if it carried exhibition games last year, but I’m sure I watched them somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, French Collection said:

5 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I believe the Sportsnet + subscription is for the regular season and playoffs only and not pre-season, but don't quote me on that.  If you do, I will issue my denial right now in advance.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I believe the Sportsnet + subscription is for the regular season and playoffs only and not pre-season, but don't quote me on that.  If you do, I will issue my denial right now in advance.

Dang.  Sounds like I won't get my hopes up.  Agreed that the transition to Sportsnet Plus went pretty smooth.  

As I now partly live in Buffalo I can tell you its much cheaper and more convenient to get the games living outside of Buffalo.

9 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Dang.  Sounds like I won't get my hopes up.  Agreed that the transition to Sportsnet Plus went pretty smooth.  

As I now partly live in Buffalo I can tell you its much cheaper and more convenient to get the games living outside of Buffalo.

Live partly in Buffalo, eh !!

Cool !!

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
change your location, eh !!
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Was any reason given? I was interested to see how he played with Mitts.

Granato kept calling him "Touch" in the morning skate, and Tuch kept warning him to stop and reminded him it's pronounced like 'tuck'... then Granato said "Ok...Ok...I'll stop." Then 5 minutes later he asked him "Hey, why don't you reach out and 'Touch' someone, Alex?" when he didn't finish a check along the boards. Skinner was rolling on the ice laughing and then Alex saw this and yelled "That's it! Oh, you think that's funny Donny?!?!?" and went Happy Gilmore on him...

Granato then scratched him tonight in response.

Edited by matter2003
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This short link is from Sabres.com. Zack Benson comes from a family that worked in a traveling carnival business in the summertime. It gives you an insight why he is so adaptable to new situations. He's had a lot of exposure to a lot of different coaches and situations. He has a unique background and a pleasant personality. He was a terrific pick in the draft. 

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/zach-benson-s-family-business-6337869023112

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/granato-after-practice-6337805943112

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

Don’t make me come to Buffalo tonight!!😡

https://x.com/sneakyjoesports/status/1706662181364732366?s=46&t=MlZqQ72jOicGxFUY54ofpA

Just now, inkman said:

Does someone want to bother explaining to me how to embed posts from “X”?  Taint working for me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.