The Hockey Guy on the Current Sabres Roster

Eleven

He is likable to me.  The fancy tools and stats aren’t there, just opinion by a dedicated hockey fanatic.  A simple white board and straight talk.  He is a die hard hockey fan with a passion for something, a camera, and a computer.  That’s all you need today to voice your opinion.  

He summed up the team’s situation quite well, which is actually in good depth for hockey fans that are not Sabres fans.  He cannot match “Sabres knowledge” when compared to some posters here, but he surpasses many others.  I was surprised at some of the prospects he referenced here but overall he makes sense to me.  I am in the same camp - mitigate your top risk by getting a good goalie on a good contract but have room for Levi to take the reins. 

It past the time to make the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Anyway, I watch a lot of his videos.  During the season he literally previews and reviews every single game, and watches as much action from as many games as he can.  And he puts out other material (such as a retrospective of Craig Anderson's career last year) during the season.

Shanon has no special access to information, just what a normal fan sees, and it's interesting to me to see his takes on the Sabres versus what you hear in the echo chamber of the fan base.

• Like (+1) 7

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

What's the point of posting a fans Perspective when it's basically what some of you do everyday but without a video.

He is a hockey fan, he is not a Sabres fan.  He gives a perspective of how other fan bases view the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

If you don't like him, you don't need to open the thread. Simple.

I've watched a bunch of this guys videos in the past, he's pretty insightful on alot of the teams, obviosuly does his homework and just doesn't talk out of his ass like alot of others do or make stuff up to fit a narrative. He's spot on pretty much where we all are, too many defensemen and could definitely use help at goalie. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I've watched a bunch of this guys videos in the past, he's pretty insightful on alot of the teams, obviosuly does his homework and just doesn't talk out of his ass like alot of others do or make stuff up to fit a narrative. He's spot on pretty much where we all are, too many defensemen and could definitely use help at goalie. 

I think that pretty much sums it up. He’s just another fan with a bigger platform.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

"The Sabres can compete" is the takeaway. He's pulling for the Sabres to make the playoffs but won't predict it unless Hellebuyck comes to town.

Seeing the roster all written out... His conclusion seems spot on. It is what it is. Some top end talent then tons and tons of question marks.

48 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

But not a Sabres fan? Wearing the garb of the team he's talking about hurts his credibility IMHO.

I’m not sure what credibility he has. He’s just a guy with an opinion, not much unlike anyone on this board. To me it’s not different then watching a video message board.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’m not sure what credibility he has. He’s just a guy with an opinion, not much unlike anyone on this board. To me it’s not different then watching a video message board.

He has almost 300k subscribers.

A Sabres fan would try to gaslight me.

Still not sure why he dons the sweater of the team he's talking about 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

But not a Sabres fan? Wearing the garb of the team he's talking about hurts his credibility IMHO.

Look in the background- he has an extensive jersey collection and wears them in the videos. If he's talking Sabtes of course he will wear Sabres garb.

• Like (+1) 2

Is this whining I’m reading? Or complaining? Or just being overly sensitive?

Plain and simple, it’s a guy who likes the sport of hockey. He’s putting his opinion on a social media site. And people who like hockey choose to listen to him/watch him. He obviously has enough personality to draw people in to watch or listen. and he’s making money by doing it. Don’t like it? Too bad so sad. I dare you create your own if you think your opinions are much better than his. Or you can have a better background, or you can wear a better jersey. And if it is better, people will want to watch and follow you. And then you can make money talking about the sport of hockey. Good grief people.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Look in the background- he has an extensive jersey collection and wears them in the videos. If he's talking Sabtes of course he will wear Sabres garb.

I don't see why that's an "of course." Fans by definition have less credibility.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.