Rochester Americans 2023-24 Edition

Brawndo

10 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Rules be damned, I knew we could somehow sneak Savoie on to the Amerks. 

Ref: I thought Savoie played defense... and was... taller.

Appert: What? No, no, no. He plays forward and defense. Like Fedorov and Dandenault.

A note on Savoie: As he's from the Quebec Remparts, he's just helped win the Memorial Cup and has played with Komarov who will join the Amerks next season. He'd have to sign an extension to play with Komarov again next year, but the familiarity would be there.

Edited by DarthEbriate

18 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Ref: I thought Savoie played defense... and was... taller.

Appert: What? No, no, no. He plays forward and defense. Like Fedorov and Dandenault.

A note on Savoie: As he's from the Quebec Remparts, he's just helped win the Memorial Cup and has played with Komarov who will join the Amerks next season. He'd have to sign an extension to play with Komarov again next year, but the familiarity would be there.

Federov could have been one of great all time dmen. he and Lidstrom could have played half the game each.

Amerks so far

G -  Tokarski and Cooley

D - Savoie, Johnson, Metsa, Cecconi, Davies, Jandric and Novikov (is he here?).  Komarov is signed but I don’t think he is eligible for the A next year.

F - Mersch, Jobst, Richards, Fiddler-Schultz, Kulich, Rosen, Kisakov, Neuchev (is he here?), Cedarqvist, Biro, Kozak, Nadeau, Murray (QO - rfa), Weissbach (QO-RFA) and Rousek (if he doesn’t make the Sabres).

Did I miss anyone?

PS: thanks @Flashsabre for the missing names.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Amerks so far

G -  Tokarski and Cooley

D - Savoie, Johnson, Komarov, Cecconi and Novikov (is he here?) 

F - Richards, Fiddler-Schultz, Kulich, Rosen, Kisakov, Neuchev (is he here?), Cedarqvist, Biro, Kozak, Nadeau, Murray (QO - rfa), Weissbach (QO-RFA) and Rousek (if he doesn’t make the Sabres).

Up front you are missing Mersch and Jobst? On D you are missing Davies, Metsa and Jandric. I really like Metsa. And Komarov isn’t eligible for the AHL next year.

Edited by Flashsabre

44 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Amerks so far

G -  Tokarski and Cooley

D - Savoie, Johnson, Metsa, Cecconi, Davies, Jandric and Novikov (is he here?).  Komarov is signed but I don’t think he is eligible for the A next year.

F - Mersch, Jobst, Richards, Fiddler-Schultz, Kulich, Rosen, Kisakov, Neuchev (is he here?), Cedarqvist, Biro, Kozak, Nadeau, Murray (QO - rfa), Weissbach (QO-RFA) and Rousek (if he doesn’t make the Sabres).

Did I miss anyone?

We missed Prow on the blue line. 

Here is their team roster at the end of last season:https://www.amerks.com/team 

Matt Savoie has to go back to junior, Subban signed in St Louis. Pilut went overseas. There are a bunch of guys that Im not sure of their status: Warren, Olischefski, Bartowski Malone

There is going to be a ton of competition in Rochester this year and they should be a good team.

Edited by Flashsabre

20 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

We missed Prow on the blue line. 

Here is their team roster at the end of last season:https://www.amerks.com/team 

Matt Savoie has to go back to junior, Subban signed in St Louis. Pilut went overseas. There are a bunch of guys that Im not sure of their status: Warren, Olischefski, Bartowski Malone

There is going to be a ton of competition in Rochester this year and they should be a good team.

Is Prow signed for this year?

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Amerks so far

G -  Tokarski and Cooley

Did I miss anyone?

Novikov and Neuchev are here. 

Here's Neuchev specifically 

Edited by LGR4GM

11 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Houser, Tokarski and Coolley can all be starters in the AHL. Two 3 headed goalie monsters in this organization.

I would think Comrie or UPL gets moved or picked up on waivers.

Houser isn’t really an AHL starter. Decent backup. But he’ll go down to the ECHL and will come up at some point to give them some quality minutes. 

22 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Jobst returning is huge. Warren is effective and Houser is the great organization security blanket.  

The Amerks are organization is busting at the seams right now. 

It's crowded literally at every level and position except NHL forward.

By design to be sure. It will be interesting to watch which players push their way up.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It's crowded literally at every level and position except NHL forward and established goalie.

By design to be sure. It will be interesting to watch which players push their way up.

FTFY.  Not positive established is the right word for it because personally consider Levi to be "established" even though his resume is only 7 games long.  But, you get the jist.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.