2023 NHL Summer Trade Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Yeah my dumb ass went searching out their roster for what that could mean. My only conclusion was Pasternak who is their only great player under 35. I can’t possibly imagine a world where they trade him for anything less than…uh…Eichel. 🤮

McAvoy probably qualifies despite tough playoff.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Yeah my dumb ass went searching out their roster for what that could mean. My only conclusion was Pasternak who is their only great player under 35. I can’t possibly imagine a world where they trade him for anything less than…uh…Eichel. 🤮

Yep. They have almost no draft picks, a weak prospect pool and like you said, Pasternak is the only player of value so what could they really do?

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Yep. They have almost no draft picks, a weak prospect pool and like you said, Pasternak is the only player of value so what could they really do?

I've gotten a good feel for your preferences on this coming offseason - have you heard anything from your source about what the plan is?

15 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I've gotten a good feel for your preferences on this coming offseason - have you heard anything from your source about what the plan is?

I believe they made it clear to the veterans on this team that they would “go” for it. People spend a lot of time discussing the explicit language of contracts but when guys sign deals, there is a lot of conversation about implicit language. I’ll be shocked if they don’t add a goalie, a defenseman and maybe a center. Nobody there cares what I’ll feel though. They do care about what that locker room will feel though.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, tom webster said:

The “franchise altering trade” was a joke.

It's possible but anything's possible. Calgary was the team mentioned most and it would involve Hanifin. Bruins wanted to draft him and have always wanted him. Who or what they'd give up for him I have no idea. If Bergeron's retiring maybe Marchand is on the table? Maybe it's McAvoy. Ullmark? DeBrusk?  They moved Hall so they are clearly not sitting idle. 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's possible but anything's possible. Calgary was the team mentioned most and it would involve Hanifin. Bruins wanted to draft him and have always wanted him. Who or what they'd give up for him I have no idea. If Bergeron's retiring maybe Marchand is on the table? Maybe it's McAvoy. Ullmark? DeBrusk?  They moved Hall so they are clearly not sitting idle. 

No the guy who wrote the tweet you are referring to literally said it was sarcasm. 

I know I sound like a broken record, but people have been worrying about free agent signings and salary cap implications eventually catching up to teams since Andy Messersmith signed with the Braves.

Bill Polian has become kind of a sad caricature of himself but he said it best when he said, smart teams will always figure it out and will seldom, if ever, lose someone they really want to keep.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Lol Taylor Hall now goes into NHL obscurity with Chicago. You love to see it. 

He has a history of helping teams get the #1 overall pick. His contribution is a little late but he’s there.

Chicago probably wants him because of his leadership qualities and he knows what it’s like to be a first overall superstar.

His numbers with Bedard may make this trade look good but I still don’t like him.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.