The Jacksonville Icemen are the Sabres New ECHL Affiliate?

Brawndo

4 hours ago, pastajoe said:

ย 

Let's hope this new relationship bares fruit. Not sure what the issue with Cinnci was but I was stationed at Cecil Field in Duvall County (Jacksonville) back in the day, it's actually a decent area. Not Gulf side or South Florida decent though, we don't want the players falling to much in love with it, ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

17 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Let's hope this new relationship bares fruit. Not sure what the issue with Cinnci was but I was stationed at Cecil Field in Duvall County (Jacksonville) back in the day, it's actually a decent area. Not Gulf side or South Florida decent though, we don't want the players falling to much in love with it, ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Aside from the step up in level, and pay probably, where would you rather be playing minor hockey? Rochester or Jacksonville?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Aside from the step up in level, and pay probably, where would you rather be playing minor hockey? Rochester or Jacksonville?

If Iโ€™m trying to make my career a priority, Iโ€™d choose Rochester. Thereโ€™d be too many distractions in Jacksonville starting with the weather, that could make you lose focus.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe its different for the ultra-young guys, but it isn't automatic that everyone likes and wants to live in Florida or a hot climate.ย  I moved to Florida in my 20's, spent a few years there (Lived in Daytona, spent a lot of time in Jacksonville for work), and after a couple of years I left to come back north.ย  I could have kept my job there but the area/culture/weather just wasn't for me.ย  ย Put 25 guys in a room and its not automatic that 20-25 of them would prefer Jacksonville (or any hot weather city) over Rochester (or any cold weather city).

• Agree 2

On 7/14/2023 at 6:09 PM, pastajoe said:

If Iโ€™m trying to make my career a priority, Iโ€™d choose Rochester. Thereโ€™d be too many distractions in Jacksonville starting with the weather, that could make you lose focus.

If you know you aren't getting to the NHL, and you aren't ready to get a real job, a couple years in Jacksonville wouldn't suck.

• Brawndo changed the title to The Jacksonville Icemen are the Sabres New ECHL Affiliate?
35 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So, if itโ€™s true, then why is there still a question mark in the title?

I have to assume it's disbelief, although that would be better rendered as:

The Jacksonville Icemen are the Sabres New ECHL Affiliate?!!?

ย 

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.