Report The WHL Winnipeg Ice have been sold and will move to Washington State

Brawndo

Another team in the US Division. Fast-growing area just east of the Cascades with a lot of Seattle money. Immediate natural rivals over the pass (Everett) and down through the desert (Tri-Cities).

Hope I'll get to watch Savoie more next season (because I don't think he sticks in the NHL next year, instead he'll get the Wright treatment and do NHL/WJC/AHL to build more mass) in Seattle.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

I missed the boat.

Not too sure how they were doing financially in Winnipeg but this is their third move in less than 5 years.

They had a deal to build a new arena and it didn't materialize.

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Another team in the US Division. Fast-growing area just east of the Cascades with a lot of Seattle money. Immediate natural rivals over the pass (Everett) and down through the desert (Tri-Cities).

Hope I'll get to watch Savoie more next season (because I don't think he sticks in the NHL next year, instead he'll get the Wright treatment and do NHL/WJC/AHL to build more mass) in Seattle.

Shows up to Rochester looking like a rugged 12 year old needing no development.. Reports say he's not even 5-9 and weighed in the 150's. But the constant chants by someone here to promote him blindly was impressive. I guess when your a bottom 4 team, it's desperation... 

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

Shows up to Rochester looking like a rugged 12 year old needing no development.. Reports say he's not even 5-9 and weighed in the 150's. But the constant chants by someone here to promote him blindly was impressive. I guess when your a bottom 4 team, it's desperation... 

You talking about Savoie?  I wouldn’t be surprised if he is under 5’9” because that’s what he has always been listed as but he declined to be measured at the draft combine.  However, I think he is definitely heavier than 150’s.  He is built quite stocky.

16 minutes ago, Curt said:

You talking about Savoie?  I wouldn’t be surprised if he is under 5’9” because that’s what he has always been listed as but he declined to be measured at the draft combine.  However, I think he is definitely heavier than 150’s.  He is built quite stocky.

Cue training vid of Danny Briere flipping tires 

5 hours ago, French Collection said:

I missed the boat.

Not too sure how they were doing financially in Winnipeg but this is their third move in less than 5 years.

It can’t help having to compete with an NHL and AHL team in the same small city which has approximately the same metro population as Buffalo.

16 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Hellebuyck wants out.  So do Wheeler and Schiefele.  The Ice beat them to it.  Apparently, everyone wants out of Winnipeg.  

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Everyone but @Thorny.

me when everyone else takes the last ship outa this place

D0F1548A-F5F0-49D3-A2E0-E419E71B99DB.thumb.jpeg.8f0900d9ee22f3f1a89e935ae5866d5d.jpeg

also I’ll be fielding offers for the honor of hosting me in the spare room when I come to visit Buffalo

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I hear the Amerks have vacancies to fill in the coaching department... 

They do.  But would Patrick want the demotion to AHL assistant?  Would prefer him as an addition to Granato's staff, but don't see that happening.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

The man's out of a job so can't really get demoted

Pretty sure there are jobs available in both the NHL and HCing jobs in Junior and quite possibly the AHL as well.

With his resume, he should be able to land one of those before taking an assistant's role in the A.

Look, would be very happy to have Patrick back in the fold but just don't see the alure of being an AHL assistant at this point of his career.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.