A little NHL trivia...

Eleven

4 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Fogolin ??

The other French Canadian Dman ??

The guy that used to be on Sabre broadcast ??

Robi ??

I don't think it was Guevremont.  I was thinking it might have been Rene Robert.

Just now, tom webster said:

He did occasionally play point on the power play so that was kind of a defenseman.

Not really.  Even in the 70's teams occassionally played 4F's on the PP.  (Nothing like today where there are maybe 3 teams with a base 2D top PP unit.)  Nobody is claiming Pominville was, nor that Cozens or Mittelstadt is, a D-man.

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Jocelyn was the 1st guess he had (French Canadian D-man with a name that sounds like a chick's).  Pretty sure Robert never played D.

10 minutes ago, tom webster said:

He did occasionally play point on the power play so that was kind of a defenseman.

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not really.  Even in the 70's teams occassionally played 4F's on the PP.  (Nothing like today where there are maybe 3 teams with a base 2D top PP unit.)  Nobody is claiming Pominville was, nor that Cozens or Mittelstadt is, a D-man.

I wasn't paying that much attention to detail.  Didn't notice that we're dealing with a defenseman.

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I wasn't paying that much attention to detail.  Didn't notice that we're dealing with a defenseman.

Bill Hajt would make sense.  Unlike Schoeny, he did not break an ankle when he blocked shots.

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Jocelyn was the 1st guess he had (French Canadian D-man with a name that sounds like a chick's).  Pretty sure Robert never played D.

Ahh good old Jocelyn Hecht

I liked him 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Should of been clear that I was kidding.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Should of been clear that I was kidding.

Sorry.  Am running on serious fumes lately.  One of the 1st casualties of that is the sarcasm meter.  Am almost positive am taking next week off from work.  Need a recharge something fierce.

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Sorry.  Am running on serious fumes lately.  One of the 1st casualties of that is the sarcasm meter.  Am almost positive am taking next week off from work.  Need a recharge something fierce.

Funny, because I was just saying today that I need a week away from everything. Hopefully you have better success then I expect I’ll have.

• Thanks (+1) 1

OK.  Tom, it's time for the answer.  And both of you (Taro being the other), let's get some questions that people might actually be able to answer.  It doesn't have to be "who was the Sabres' first ever draft pick," but it doesn't have to be so obscure that we need to send a probe to Mars, either, yeah?

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

OK.  Tom, it's time for the answer.  And both of you (Taro being the other), let's get some questions that people might actually be able to answer.  It doesn't have to be "who was the Sabres' first ever draft pick," but it doesn't have to be so obscure that we need to send a probe to Mars, either, yeah?

Larry Carriere.

Just now, tom webster said:

Larry Carriere.

And for the record

Korab played 79

Hajt 76

Schoeny 68

What former Sabres goalie leads all (current and former) Sabres goalies in penalty minutes *as a Sabre*?

(This is something that is not well known, but is guessable if you think on it.  Or maybe you just know it.)

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Larry Carriere.

And for the record

Korab played 79

Hajt 76

Schoeny 68

Thanks man.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Who holds the NHL record for longest time between scoring goals for the same team?

Gotta be Hajt.

Edited by Eleven
  • Disagree 1

On 6/25/2023 at 6:28 PM, tom webster said:

If no one else has a question, how about this.

Only three players played all 80 games during the 74/75 run to the Cup and only two of them played all 17 playoff games. I think two are pretty easy and the third is not crazy, but it’s a slow Sunday night.

Rammer was a stalwart IRON MAN, he is my first guess.   Then I'll guess Hajt,  and then Luce.  

All great hockey players.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.