A little NHL trivia...

Eleven

Just now, Taro T said:

Good.  Because "... clears it, not out" still sounds as clear as the days RJ was making that call.

I'll use this opportunity to remind people that when I was a little guy, I thought the Sabres had a player named "Rightback Innagain."

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure who you are talking about.

Must've washed Dominik Hasek's car every day; maybe that possibility or maybe because he could speak Dom's native tongue, or more likely because Dom got bored when guys that could actually clear the puck were on the ice and he hated getting bored HAS to be the reason he was a Sabre as long as he was.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Must've washed Dominik Hasek's car every day; maybe that possibility or maybe because he could speak Dom's native tongue, or more likely because Dom got bored when guys that could actually clear the puck were on the ice and he hated getting bored HAS to be the reason he was a Sabre as long as he was.

Yeah, I DO know who you mean, and no, it's not him.  Maybe about 500 (EDIT that's games played as a Sabre).  He's one of the Iks and not the one who had a wicked slapshot aimed at the 200 level.

Edited by Eleven

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

He had 589.

Was sure he tortured our nights for at least 600 (and he did if playoffs are included) but because of the original lockout he didn't quite get to your threshold.

And as people seem to have moved on from the other question, the answer was longtime Amerks head coach Randy Cunneyworth.  Roughly 17 years between goals for the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Was sure he tortured our nights for at least 600 (and he did if playoffs are included) but because of the original lockout he didn't quite get to your threshold.

And as people seem to have moved on from the other question, the answer was longtime Amerks head coach Randy Cunneyworth.  Roughly 17 years between goals for the Sabres.

Damn, I should have remembered Cunneyworth

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Really thought somebody would've gotten that one in about 15 minutes with him having been the former Amerks coach and all.

Gretzky needs to return to Blues for a couple games until he break that one.  Why the Blues you ask?  He might as well set at least one record there.

• Haha (+1) 1

I figured we needed some lighter fare after the draft and free agency.

Jochen Hecht was acquired from Edmonton for two second round picks.

One became a pretty good player eventually winning a couple Cups with a team other than Edmonton. However, he may be more known for whom he married. Who is the still married couple?

16 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I figured we needed some lighter fare after the draft and free agency.

Jochen Hecht was acquired from Edmonton for two second round picks.

One became a pretty good player eventually winning a couple Cups with a team other than Edmonton. However, he may be more known for whom he married. Who is the still married couple?

I know Mike Comrie has Edmonton connections and married Hillary Duff. I can’t recall him winning Cups though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.