A little NHL trivia...

Eleven

17 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

This Buffalo Sabre was blind in one eye. He would cover the same eye during eye tests with different hands to fool the tester. He played a lot for the Sabres 

I'd guess Carter "Mr. Magoo" Hutton, but it was clear from his play he was blind in both eyes

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Carney is the 12th and the last is the great Sean O’Donnell.   He had an excellent career with over 1200 games played.  He was drafted in the 6th rd (pick 123) in 1991.

Tyler Myers might make it this season.  He is 82 games short of 1000.

Carney was the guy couldn't wrap my mind around and remember his name.  Knew he was one but kept thinking his name was Sarich or Butler or ...

Would never have guessed O'Donnell.

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Here is a new question.

Three Buffalo Sabres have won the Bill Masterson Trophy. Three other players who have played for the Sabres have won it. Can you name all 6?

You sure there's 3?  Can think of 2 C's that did so, but not sure about a 3rd Sabre.

33 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You sure there's 3?  Can think of 2 C's that did so, but not sure about a 3rd Sabre.

Who is the 3rd Sabres after Luce and Patty?

Of the 3 other former Sabres, 2 were pretty easy and the 3rd was truly obscure considering he only played 18 games for us. 

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Who is the 3rd Sabres after Luce and Patty?

Of the 3 other former Sabres, 2 were pretty easy and the 3rd was truly obscure considering he only played 18 games for us. 

No F'n idea.  You named the 2 this kid knows of.  And yes the 3 non-Sabre winners (not just 2 of them, but all 3) are fairly easy to come up with.

This is a follow up to my previous question.  With KO and Skinner on the verge of 1000 games in Blue and Gold, how many others reached that milestone while playing for the Sabres?  I’m not sure whether I have the complete answer for this one.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No F'n idea.  You named the 2 this kid knows of.  And yes the 3 non-Sabre winners (not just 2 of them, but all 3) are fairly easy to come up with.

You think the 3rd was easy?  You have a better memory than I do.  

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This is a follow up to my previous question.  With KO and Skinner on the verge of 1000 games in Blue and Gold, how many others reached that milestone while playing for the Sabres?  I’m not sure whether I have the complete answer for this one.

You think the 3rd was easy?  You have a better memory than I do.  

Yup.  Probably, but wait an hour, it could ALL be gone.  Vanilla Porter has followed up the 50 Shades of Red.

41 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I just spent a few minutes with Hockey-reference and I find there are currently 11 players who played their 1000th game as a Sabres.  Good luck, a couple are pretty obscure. 

Dude, the deal is supposed to be one of the people that answered the question gets a crack at the next one.  Not, if somebody doesn't come up with all 37 answers on their own, you get to go again in perpetuity.

There are 5 media members in the HHoF with Buffalo ties.  Name them.  3 should be very easy.  The other 2 could be easy or hard.

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Dude, the deal is supposed to be one of the people that answered the question gets a crack at the next one.  Not, if somebody doesn't come up with all 37 answers on their own, you get to go again in perpetuity.

There are 5 media members in the HHoF with Buffalo ties.  Name them.  3 should be very easy.  The other 2 could be easy or hard.

RJ, Ted Darling, Harry Neale are easy.  I'll have to think on the last 2.

PS I thought I answered TW's question on the Masterson.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

And honestly, expect 2 of the other 3 to be easy.  The 3rd could be tough.  (Personally didn't realize he was in the HHoF.  But that doesn't mean others didn't know that themselves.  Expecting PA to be the hero here.)

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You said 5 media guys with ties to Buffalo, why doesn't Harry count?

Because he wasn't a Buffalo media guy when he was inducted.  

There are still 3 others regardless.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And honestly, expect 2 of the other 3 to be easy.  The 3rd could be tough.  (Personally didn't realize he was in the HHoF.  But that doesn't mean others didn't know that themselves.  Expecting PA to be the hero here.)

Because he wasn't a Buffalo media guy when he was inducted.  

There are still 3 others regardless.

That's not what you wrote.  You should have said 5 Buffalo media members.  Jim Kelley is certainly one and probably someone from the long-dead Courier Express

By the way only Foster Hewitt is the only media member who is an elected HHof Member.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That's not what you wrote.  You should have said 5 Buffalo media members.  Jim Kelley is certainly one and probably someone from the long-dead Courier Express

By the way only Foster Hewitt is the only media member who is an elected HHof Member.

Yeah, that is what this kid wrote.  Sorry for being 6 GOOD beers into the evening.  Could've been more precise.  Apologies. 

Never said any of them are "elected HHoF members," merely that 5 Buffalo media people are in the HHoF; which is precisely accurate.

And yes, Jim Kelley is one of the 5.  One of the other 2 is from the "long-dead Courier Express."  The other is not.

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.