GDT: Sabres @ Devils - April 11, 2023, 7pm, MSG ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

The effort is there, the chances are there.ย  Unfortunately Jokiharu plays for the Sabres and not the Devils. KA has to know he needs to acquire at least 1, maybe 2 dman in the offseason.ย  Dahlin/Power/Sammy are more than fine (when Sammy is healthy). Any of Bryson, Joker, Boosh, Clague and Stillman playing 3/4 minutes is a disaster.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CTJoe said:

The effort is there, the chances are there.ย  Unfortunately Jokiharu plays for the Sabres and not the Devils. KA has to know he needs to acquire at least 1, maybe 2 dman in the offseason.ย  Dahlin/Power/Sammy are more than fine (when Sammy is healthy). Any of Bryson, Joker, Boosh, Clague and Stillman playing 3/4 minutes is a disaster.

Hate to break it to you. Boosh and stillman will still be here and likely Jokiharjuย 

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Bryson and Joki both -2 after 2 periods.ย  GMKA has work to do this off-season!

The carom off Joki I don't blame him, he went down to take away the pass and simply couldn't corral it. That happens to top D, too. However, the weak dump-in that immediately turned into a rush cannot happen --- then he screened Levi to top it off.

Bryson's weak play on the wall, then weak play in front of the net let Wood do one of his typical "oh! he's great!" games against Buffalo, but then he will disappear again for 10 games. The staff's faith in him as a 6/7 D misplaced may be. That veteran D (NJ's Graves if they sign Meier???) is yawning chasm for next season.

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The statistical odds of coming back are not on our side. Hoping for a miracleโ€ฆ another thing that alludes Buffalo sports lol.ย 

Never tell me the odds!

Vanecek is playing a whale of a game, but the Sabres can make any goalie look silly if they can get one to go.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's what I want to see in the third:

1. ย The following should not be on the ice, FOR ANY REASON, unless and until the Sabres take a 5-3 lead: ย Okposo, Greenway, Bryson. ย Girgensons and Krebs should be used sparingly and only to spell other tired top 3 line forwards; likewise for Lybushkin on D. ย The other guys have all day tomorrow to rest. ย Shorten the bench, and do it NOW, not with 5 minutes left. ย This is an elimination game. ย 

2. ย Restore Thompson to his natural spot between Skinner and Tuch unless he's mortally wounded. ย This is not a "dump on Casey" thing for me--this is a "that line succeeds" thing.

3. ย Granato needs to play the percentages and not be a chicken when it comes to pulling Levi. ย If the Sabres are down 2 with 4 left (or even 4:30), do it. ย If down 1 with 2:30 left, do it. ย This is NOT the time to go all Leslie Frazier and crawl into the shell.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Its over we lost i don'tย  feelย  it .

ย 

Cya next yearย 

Does it make you feel better being negative.ย 

They have 20 min. Root on them!

I guess I am a glass half full guy...... you see my posts.

ย 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Hockey Gods

May you provide us with the luck, opportunity, strength, resilience, and skill to defeat the Devils of New Jersey this night. We offer nothing but gratitude in return from a battered fanbase clinging to hope.ย 

Amen

yas yes GIF by VH1

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.