Playoff Tix

Taro T

Well, for the 1st time in 9 or 10 years, the Sabres sent out playoff invoices today.

No data on other locales, but for ours the price is ~50% over regular season in the 1st round and more than 2.5x the price of regular season for the 2nd round.

The times they are a changin'.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

In before PA says something that gets the thread locked.

(Yes, PA, we all know it's a money grab.  Yes, all teams do it.  Terry is not meddling with the ticket system and Laura is not in charge of concession prices.)

Edited by Eleven

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, for the 1st time in 9 or 10 years, the Sabres sent out playoff invoices today.

No data on other locales, but for ours the price is ~50% over regular season in the 1st round and more than 2.5x the price of regular season for the 2nd round.

So safe to assume for general sale, for lower bowl, $200+ round 1.  $300+ round 2.

Average price rd 1 $125?, 19,000 * 125 = $2,375,000.  + beers and jerseys.   
Home ice if 4 games, $8M in tickets per round. Noice.
TP gonna be making some money over the next 5 years!  Good for him, I've been saving up.

57 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Nhl executives must have let the Sabres know that they’re making the playoffs. The fix is in

Well, they're only going to charge the credit card when games are officially going to be played.  Which is good.  Tix for unplayed playoff games used to be the down payment on the next season's tix.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Yeah I got the same email… I think I’m going to skip this time and not put any money down towards playoff tickets. Even if they are only charging the credit card if they make the playoffs.

I know it’s a gigantic risk of missing out this year 😂

Edited by Zamboni

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Yeah I got the same email… I think I’m going to skip this time and not put any money down towards playoff tickets. Even if they are only charging the credit card if they make the playoffs.

I know it’s a gigantic risk of missing out this year 😂

You say no because of the message it collectively sends if enough people do it. Someone somewhere in that office is keeping track of the percentage of STH who choose to do this, knowing full well they won't make the playoffs. They will interpret that data to help measure how happy the STH base is.  High percentage = high satisfaction.

I'm not going to ceremonially agree for you to charge me for something you didn't do. Something you didn't do IMO because of investment you refused to make in this season's team. You let them twist in the wind with no defensive depth and it cost them the season. The Sabres want to say the prices weren't right and the players weren't available and that the better time for that is the summer? That's fine, the better time to talk about taking more of my money is also the summer, not right now after they shat their pants in the most important month of hockey the team has had in a decade.

-edit- This is a hypothetical conversation anyway since I've repeatedly said that I won't give them any money of any kind until they get their crap together and actually become a relevant NHL team again. You guys pay their bills, do what you want.

Edited by Contempt
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.