GDT: Predators @ Sabres - Mar. 21, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

So, your telling me the entire grit getting hockey world has 60 minute grit?

Yet, here in Buffalo fir some readin we use 20 minute instant grit?

No self respecting Sabres fan would use 20 minute grit. 

I see what you did there. Well played, sir. Well played!

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

🤣🤣🤣 I’m sure your are. Like I said, i’ll be positive when they give me something to be positive about. I was very positive for the first few months of the season until i started to see the horrendous defensive deficiencies. I thought this would happen eventually. Surprised it took this long 

In my Notes for next year.......hata! 

star wars hate GIF

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Can’t wait for Granatos presser. “We are struggling psychologically… stress… playing to tight… afraid to touch the puck…”

Maybe in one of those oh so clever social media things the Sabres run they could do Granato's Anger Translator.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, John Tucker said:

Saddest part about all of this is that there is little to suggest that we will be any better than this next year and beyond.  Youth guarantees nothing

The ingredients are here for a long-term run of very good hockey. But potential means diddly poo without proper coaching and installing a system to put them in a position to win. We've seen that Granato has a system that can light up the scoreboard. We're also seeing that it doesn't matter if you view defense as an inconvenience. I don't know who is in charge of that department, or if we even have somebody that coaches it, but if we do, he needs to be terminated with extreme prejudice. 

Granato needs to take this as a hard lesson that defense matters in the NHL. He needs to bring in a competent coach to work with these guys. If he doesn't, he probably won't last a whole lot longer.

33 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Haven't touched it unfortunately.

The evidence is in the past 12 seasons. I mean, I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but Pegula buying this team is a complete disaster, and I do sincerely mean complete. There is no excuse for what has happened here in Buffalo under his ownership, none.

So, you give no positives since hiring GMKA, and subsequently CDG. Am I correct in your assessment? Making notes and taking names.

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

We are entering sweaters thrown on ice territory if this keeps up at home.

If I were there, I would.  Bought my son a Reinhart jersey a few years ago and he refuses to wear it.  Not because he's no longer on the team but because of the crest on the front.  He doesn't want to get picked on.  This f'ing franchise has killed the excitement for my kids!!

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.