GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG

matter2003

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

The one trick is scoring goals. If we had decent goaltending he would not be discussed as a problem.Ā 

Ā 

VO is being used as a scapegoatĀ 

Man I stay out of the VO wars. I was surprised he wasnā€™t moved at the deadline to a contender. A team thatā€™s really close that could use a goal scorer. Use him sparingly, then turn him loose on PP. If we trade him, eventually we will be looking for a ā€œgoal scorerā€. Ā Iā€™m not wading into the argument, especially how heated it Ā is with this freaking game. Plus Iā€™m no expert. I am open to discussion only. That last part wasnā€™t meant for you.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This crowd is utterly embarrassing and I gotta tell you, this team is bottom 5 in the nhl, zero doubt

We lost to Columbus, Washington and Flyers. We might be the worst team last 10-12 games

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Marvin said:

Wow, did losing to Washington take the starch out of this team.Ā  They stopped believing.

I would rather believe it is the lack of support by the Front Office not wanting to risk losing precious Picks and prospects, or deviating from the 'Future' plan by showing faith in this group that they could make the playoffs with a bit of help.....

Instead of rewarding this group with getting further then people believed and being in a position to make the playoffs, they are told the future is more important and that just making the playoffs isn't going to help their development.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

The one trick is scoring goals. If we had decent goaltending he would not be discussed as a problem.Ā 

Ā 

VO is being used as a scapegoatĀ 

VO sucks at every other aspect of the game. Can a marginal team with so many holes really afford to keep a player who only contributes in a limited role and who often goes long stretches without even doing that? I think itā€™s a fair question.Ā 

Regarding the scapegoating, I canā€™t agree at all given those glaring holes elsewhere that I mentioned previously.Ā 

What do 30 goal scorers usually fetch in a trade? Can VO honestly get us the going rate?Ā 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.