Sabres recall Lawrence Pilut

Brawndo

13 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The question is who goes to IR (or would they send down UPL to the press box for a day) to make room on the roster?

Please don't say Samuelsson!

There is no roster limit now.  No one needs to be put on IR or needs to be demoted.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Bryson and Clague aren’t very good and Lyubushkin was terrible yesterday

Lyubushkin had the tying goal on his stick when he was all alone in the slot, 3rd period. He ripped a good one but unfortunately, Stuart Skinner was a brick wall.

6 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

Lyubushkin had the tying goal on his stick when he was all alone in the slot, 3rd period. He ripped a good one but unfortunately, Stuart Skinner was a brick wall.

Ya, it was a good chance. He’s not going to cash many, I think he has 4 career goals. His true value lies in prevention and though I get the intimidation aspect of prevention, one too many times I saw him yesterday go for the big hit in the o zone and get caught out of position leading to odd man breaks the other way. Andy just bailed him out. 

I know I’m in the minority because no one was really talking about it in the GDT, but I don’t think Lyubushkin is a very good hockey player. I’ve been on this train since the beginning of the year. Reminds me of bogosian lite. Is he under contract next year? I’d have no issues trying to replace him 

Edited by Thorny

Sure would've been nice, being this close to the playoffs after missing it the past 11 years. It sure wouldve been nice to use 1 of our 3 2nd rd picks on someone like Luke Schenn. Not altering the long term plan, not sacrificing a future star. Just bringing in some help to shore up our backend & give us a boost, since we're this close to making the playoffs. Can you imagine the education & experience our young players would get from getting in? Not to mention the boost of confidence in our team & the plan?

Beating a deadhorse but it sure woulda been nice

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

An anomalific performance, to be sure 

I don't think so at all.  I think he's been solid most of the season.  Is he ideally a third pairing defenseman?  Sure.  But he's not garbage, either.  He's exactly the type of guy you want on a team, because you can't pay all six D top dollar.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't think so at all.  I think he's been solid most of the season.  Is he ideally a third pairing defenseman?  Sure.  But he's not garbage, either.  He's exactly the type of guy you want on a team, because you can't pay all six D top dollar.

Hard disagree. *Leafs* dealt him for a reason, it’s not like their D took a hit. In fact its substantially improved. Not chalking that up to addition by subtraction but they certainly didn’t lose a lick. Certainly wasn’t a guy THAT particular playoff team felt he was a “guy you want on a team.” 

*Ideally* a 3rd pairing? As in he can fill-in on pair 2 for a time, in a pinch? Talk about a bridge too far. For me he’s ideally a 7 or 8

Like at best

Edited by Thorny

27 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Hard disagree. *Leafs* dealt him for a reason, it’s not like their D took a hit. In fact its substantially improved. Not chalking that up to addition by subtraction but they certainly didn’t lose a lick. Certainly wasn’t a guy THAT particular playoff team felt he was a “guy you want on a team.” 

*Ideally* a 3rd pairing? As in he can fill-in on pair 2 for a time, in a pinch? Talk about a bridge too far. For me he’s ideally a 7 or 8

Like at best

Yeah we definitely see different guys here.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

There is no roster limit now.  No one needs to be put on IR or needs to be demoted.

There is a limit on call ups though.  You may need IR in order it to be an emergency call up.  But yeah, the goalie roster spot shuffle is definitely done at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.