When healthy , who are the twelve forwards now?

tom webster

Great question.

Would guess:

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch

Mittelstadt - Cozens - Quinn

Greenway - Krebs - Olofsson/Peterka

Girgensons - Jost - Okposo

w/ Vinnie and JJ/Vic as the spares. Though depending upon opponent could see Vinnie getting in instead of the other 2.  Personally would have Vinnie in the top 12, but doubt Granato agrees.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Great question.

Greenway - Krebs - Olofsson/Peterka

Not too important note: I don't know that Greenway has played much on the left side with Minnesota, whereas JJP has been LW all season and VO has played it in the past. So just flip that line's sides. Greenway would certainly open up space for VO's shot and would be an effective forechecker with JJP.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I’m ready to move on from VO, unless he heats up again and nets some key goals to help this team get a WC spot. That is probably the only thing that will make me like him again.

I don’t know about the analytics but to my eye he brings very little when he is in a slump. He struggles to get the puck out and doesn’t help on zone entries. His board work is weak and he stays on the perimeter, hoping for a pass.

I know 23 goals is not chump change but he has just disappeared at a key point in the season.

I generally agree with Taro’s lines above and would just add that the more immediate question is what the lines look like until Tuch returns, which could be a while.  I’d guess:

Skinner - Thompson - Quinn

Mittelstadt - Cozens - VO

Greenway - Krebs - JJP

I think JJP has started to play stronger on the puck and more confidently in the past few games, so I think he’ll stay in.  I could see Vinny playing instead of VO if VO doesn’t pick it up though.  

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Weave said:

No Love for an energy line with Z and Greenway as the two wingers?  I assume Jost at center.

I love the idea but I'm not sure we have a third piece yet. 

46 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I generally agree with Taro’s lines above and would just add that the more immediate question is what the lines look like until Tuch returns, which could be a while.  I’d guess:

Skinner - Thompson - Quinn

Mittelstadt - Cozens - VO

Greenway - Krebs - JJP

I think JJP has started to play stronger on the puck and more confidently in the past few games, so I think he’ll stay in.  I could see Vinny playing instead of VO if VO doesn’t pick it up though.  

Bolded, that's the "energy line". 

Don't really like the Mitts Cozens VO line but we might be stuck with it until Tuch comes back. 

So Scoring, scoring(?)-ish, energy, and checking. 

It's not there yet, but it's getting better. 

8 hours ago, French Collection said:

I’m ready to move on from VO, unless he heats up again and nets some key goals to help this team get a WC spot. That is probably the only thing that will make me like him again.

I don’t know about the analytics but to my eye he brings very little when he is in a slump. He struggles to get the puck out and doesn’t help on zone entries. His board work is weak and he stays on the perimeter, hoping for a pass.

I know 23 goals is not chump change but he has just disappeared at a key point in the season.

I'd like to see them move VO this summer for defense help. Quinn can take over his pp spot. Savoie or Rousek can take his roster spot.

Peterka broke out of a 26 game scoreless hole. Still like him a lot long term.. but it's not surprising when they lose their path for a while at this young stage of their career. He could sit. Jost could sit. 

I do think VO will be a trade chip during the summer. KO could be done. That opens up 2 spots for next year and maybe more. Loaded at the young forward position.  

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

I'd love to see Greenway with Cozens. But get why he'd be good next to krebs also.

When Tuch is healthy I fully expect to see Greenway-Cozens-Tuch out when we are winning in the final minutes of games.

That would be a big, heavy line that would make Tim Murray so jealous.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.