Forward Jordan Greenway Traded to Buffalo for a 2023 2nd VGK and 2024 5th Round Pick

Brawndo

22 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Ah, memories of the annual ‘North Trip’ to play Friday nite and Saturday afternoon games (hoops) against SLU and Clarkson.

In the mid-80's Potsdam State had a very good basketball team  - they won the Div III national championship once or twice.  Pretty sure one of those years Clarkson didin't win a game.  When they played it was literally the best and worst teams in the nation playing each other.

Was usually way too busy drinking to watch the hockey team on weekends, no way was this kid going to a bouncyball game but did wath a bit of one on TV.  It was pretty bad.

54 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It's not an issue of replacing Dahlin. The problem is when a starter is sidelined there isn't an adequate supply of players within the unit to temporarily fill the void until the player returns. You are not going to replace a player such as Dahlin with an equal talent. (Obviously so.) Being able to fill the hole with a competent player or not creating a big deficit by the player who ends up moving into the lineup is the issue that needed to be addressed.

That is the issue, though. If we're talking about covering for the loss of Jokiharju then doing so adequately isn't quite the challenge. The deficit, as you say, is pretty large when Dahlin is out and I don't think any team could really fill that gap. You're requesting KA create enough D depth to cover for the loss of Dahlin and I think that is a huge ask for any team.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

In the mid-80's Potsdam State had a very good basketball team  - they won the Div III national championship once or twice.  Pretty sure one of those years Clarkson didin't win a game.  When they played it was literally the best and worst teams in the nation playing each other.

Was usually way too busy drinking to watch the hockey team on weekends, no way was this kid going to a bouncyball game but did wath a bit of one on TV.  It was pretty bad.

One of my regrets was not going to Lake Placid to see SLU lose in National Championship game to St Cloud State in 1988. My buddies wanted me to drive an hour or two through freezing rain. I said F that and watched it from the comfort of the fraternity house. Actually, that may have been the right decision!

Edited by Slack_in_MA
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ... said:

Not a knock on anyone, but every time I see Foligno mentioned in this thread I cringe. As far as sandpaper goes he was 1000 grit.

Sorry, he was 80 grit. Hard stop. 1000 grit is for shining things, Foligno didn’t shine anything, he roughed them up. 80 grit.

10 minutes ago, BUFtoNCfan said:

Sorry, he was 80 grit. Hard stop. 1000 grit is for shining things, Foligno didn’t shine anything, he roughed them up. 80 grit.

Are you trying to say I don't know my grit grades?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Quint said:

I like KO but I don't want him back next year. Hire him in some other non-player capacity. I think he'll hold back a young'un who can help the Sabres advance further.      I also hope Girgs goes away too. Nothing personal, I just want all the players who've stayed for too long from the losing seasons to leave.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Ya, some Minny fans were posting how his performance dropped this year, but he's a truck when he's activated. Hoping Granato brings the truck back in to him.

Most of the fans seemed to really like him a lot, but also weren’t terribly disappointed in losing him, either. 

Which is interesting. 

I’ve drawn parallels to the post-lockout squad in the past, and to me this only adds to that.

Darcy Regier brought in a Boston University grad who was only a 30-point man, but who was also a massive physical specimen and added a defensive conscience and a whole lot of hard to play against to a run-and gun team 

Mike Grier was a bit older when he joined the team and I don’t know much about whether or not Greenway can match Big Mike’s reliability and character.

But there’s definitely a comparison to be made.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’ve drawn parallels to the post-lockout squad in the past, and to me this only adds to that.

Darcy Regier brought in a Boston University grad who was only a 30-point man, but who was also a massive physical specimen and added a defensive conscience and a whole lot of hard to play against to a run-and gun team 

Mike Grier was a bit older when he joined the team and I don’t know much about whether or not Greenway can match Big Mike’s reliability and character.

But there’s definitely a comparison to be made.

Now if KA can just get us a Ryan Miller and Teppo/Lydman for the defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Curt said:

2004-08

class of '94 myself. Canton is a cozy, fun town.  

But my childhood was spent in Walker Arena cheering on the original Golden Knights (dad is a Clarkson grad from the Dave Taylor days).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.