GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins 3/2/2023 MSG 7 PM

bob_sauve28

I thought they played pretty good until it all fell apart at the end. They just couldn't break through the Boston D which is without a doubt the best in the league with the Orlov addition. Boston was simply much stronger on the puck and won most of the one on one battles. They're a playoff team, Sabres are not. 

Stillman was about what I expected. An unimpressive bottom pairing D man who makes mistakes when pressed. I didn't see the grit he's supposed to bring. Not tonight anyway.

You guys must have been happy when Krebs took on Marchand (I told you he can become our version) and even happier when Lybushkin hit him into the boards and took him out of the game. That's your bright spot for the night. 

Sabres have to play harder than this and more physical to have any shot at a playoff spot. lastly, once again, I ask why is Comrie on the roster?

Edited by PerreaultForever
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Feels that way doesn't it.

Buffalo does one thing really well, it creates a population of thick skinned people. Weather, sports, economic, if you were born and raised here, if you decided to call this area home, you get thick skinned or you leave or mentally lose your chit. It's either that or you join the rest of us with liver's of steel 🤣 

image.thumb.jpeg.86c7e538e7065a03c886320bb5781875.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I mean,  how do you give up that many goals in the last few minutes?  WTF.  

You mismanage the clock and your goaltender…

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Feels that way doesn't it.

Buffalo does one thing really well, it creates a population of thick skinned people. Weather, sports, economic, if you were born and raised here, if you decided to call this area home, you get thick skinned or you leave or mentally lose your chit. It's either that or you join the rest of us with liver's of steel 🤣 

There are people on here who continually lose their chit and don't have thick skin.

So I'm going to assume those people are drunk.  It's a strategy.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Goldseatsaud said:

The Buffalo teams have very patient fans. 

We can only support the teams, it's up to the owner to deliver the goods. I enjoy hockey and football, hockey more so, but win or lose, I'll always cheer for the Buffalo franchises, I was born and raised here, I'm only coveting what I know 👍 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

When they lose, they definitely drop anchor.  With the injuries, porous defense, tough schedule, et all..., I see this team dropping to its knees quicker than a dime store hooker over the last 20 games.  Likely another top 10 draft pick... All part of KA's plan.  Great plan KA.  F this franchise

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

We can only support the teams, it's up to the owner to deliver the goods. I enjoy hockey and football, hockey more so, but win or lose, I'll always cheer for the Buffalo franchises, I was born and raised here, I'm only coveting what I know 👍 

It’s getting harder 

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

UPL deserved a much better fate this night.

Hope the team's meltdown doesn't take him out of the zone he was in.

Eh. He needs to make the first save. Admittedly one-timer but he was square.  And then the tripping penalty.  He got out played, plain and simple.  Needed to be a difference maker and wasn't, not even close.  

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

I don't care about this result at all.

I still think they will make the playoffs. 

If only for the experience of making the playoffs.

This month is a gauntlet. No Tuch, Dahlin hurt, no reinforcements in trades, no #1 goalie on the team.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WowieHousley said:

Wasn't everyone upset that the Sabres DIDN'T pull Anderson until 50 seconds left on Tuesday?

No. I wasn’t.  We never had real control of the puck.  

The stats speak for themselves. We are a terrible team playing in front of an empty net. So do it sparingly.  

1 minute ago, Goldseatsaud said:

It’s getting harder 

I've said that for decades now, yet I'm still here lol

I remember well the night of no goal, after the 4 super bowl losses at one end of the decade and the Stanley cup loss at the other, I swore I'd never cheer for them again. I was right back at it 2 months later lol, my peers, acquaintances, friends out of state tell me my fetish is sports pain 🤣 

6 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Eh. He needs to make the first save. Admittedly one-timer but he was square.  And then the tripping penalty.  He got out played, plain and simple.  Needed to be a difference maker and wasn't, not even close.  

Lol 

The defense got outplayed 

UPL was the reason it wasn't 12-1 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.