GDT: Sabres @ Lightning, Feb 23, 2023, 7:00 pm; MSG WGR

Captain Caveman

1 minute ago, sabresouth said:

I think the reffs could have easily called  bush for hooking.  I think they let it slide to make up for the missed call on okie.

Proper call would have probably been hook on Boosh, dive on stamkos.  A hook in a waist doesn't cause both legs to go flying in the air.  Stamkos tried to fake and it backfired

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Peterka has had an excellent scoring chance in 3 straight games.  Hasn't buried any, but the fact he's starting to get those chances so consistently is (mildly) encouraging.

Been a while since he was doing that.

Yeah, that's one way to look at it 

Not making any glaring mistakes either

I'd replace him with a guy who checks night in and night out, though  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Refuting said:

Nah 

He's been ice cold point wise for months now 

The only reason he hasn't been sent down is because I doubt there's anyone better currently that could take his place 

Hinostroza likely would be better TODAY.  Vinnie won't be here after this season, JJ will be.  They're accepting the growing pains.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Guess they forgot to wink. 

According to the TB Post Game talk… the Refs owed us two and knew it when they pow-wowed discussing the Delay of Game Call… TB Announcers say the Refs paid us back not calling hooking on Boosh’s breakaway… Probably true… Boosh still outskated the D… and shot a laser for the shortie and the win… 

Boosh deserved 3rd Star, imo

Well that was a pleasant surprise to come home to. This team still struggles big time defensively  and Comrie really isn't any good so to win I guess you score 6 when they score 5, why not? 2 more points and it looks like Washington's giving up so one less team to compete against for that wild card spot. 

Not the first time Cernak's elbowed a Sabre in the head and probably not the last. Just add it to the list of things we owe that team and hopefully one day............

• Like (+1) 1

That was a thrilling win.  My game notes:

- the superfly TNT is all the way back, which is a great development for the Sabres.

- I didn’t like Mitts’ game (among many lousy plays, right before the too many men penalty was called, he butchered a clean 2-on-1 and turned it into an easy TB breakout, which led directly to the penalty), or VO’s.  Both of them were much too soft on the puck.  Bryson was a bit of a train wreck at times too.

- Overall I thought the play was pretty even.  I was glad to see them not go to pieces after the early Tb goal.

- Another typical Comrie game — quite a few good saves, and he didn’t really give up any bad goals, but you can’t say he was really good either.  OTOH, neither was Vasiliyefsky.

- The Sabres showed plenty of heart and grit and stuck up for each other tonight.

- Rayzor after the GWG:  “Lyubushkin is a real nimmisss”

- that elbow on KO was suspension-worthy.

- I don’t know what the delay of game rule is on the Joki call at the end of regulation but I’d guess it was the right call.  There is no discretion in that rule — it is either a penalty or it isn’t.

- It looked like Stamkos was trying to draw a penalty on the GWG — dumb play by him, although he had a great game.

- what a great play by Krebs on Quinn’s goal.

- Why can’t they play that way at home??

• Like (+1) 4
  • dislike 1

24 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I just have one thing to say. Fuhk Steven Stamkos. He clamped down on Booshes stick and just fell over. The refs didn't bite,… finally. 

Cernak better get something. Just because there was no call doesn't mean there shouldn't be a fine.

I haven’t seen one punishment that deters any of these scumbags from doing it again.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Ike ends up with his chicklets knocked out for kicking the snot out of her when they were married?

That's not the ending, but Tina does drop-kick Ike a few times in that special place.

54 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I saw I and Tina a long time ago. It was a great show. Tina was fantastic----Ike was unnecessary. 

The sad part was it took Tina 16 years of abuse to realize it.

59 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

I think the reffs could have easily called  bush for hooking.  I think they let it slide to make up for the missed call on okie.

I Bet Snoop Dogg GIF by chuber channel

57 minutes ago, Refuting said:

Yeah, that's one way to look at it 

Not making any glaring mistakes either

I'd replace him with a guy who checks night in and night out, though  

He's got nothing more to learn in the A and he will be a good NHLer.  Best course of action is to get him NHL experience.  Think of it as an investment.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Austrian 

Nope.  Swiss.

image.thumb.png.05c70f49cc12fae32daae62e8e093d65.png

27 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

- I didn’t like Mitts’ game (among many lousy plays, right before the too many men penalty was called, he butchered a clean 2-on-1 and turned it into an easy TB breakout, which led directly to the penalty), or VO’s.  Both of them were much too soft on the puck.  Bryson was a bit of a train wreck at times too.

Aaaah, were would we be without our whipping boys?

• Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.