Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

21 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

If not Brian Thomas is nice but I feel he's way too much OBJ Personality going to be great but hiss ego Will be his downfall

He might be there at #28. I don't know about his character flaws, but I'll take your word for it. Lot of WR talent in this draft. I think we need to grab several, and one in the first. McD will be tempted to go DL, but they have to prioritize giving Josh premier weapons. He doesn't have the top-flight speed, but Adonai Mitchell is another big receiver I like. He catches everything, so he's an immediate upgrade over Gabe Davis.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

He might be there at #28. I don't know about his character flaws, but I'll take your word for it. Lot of WR talent in this draft. I think we need to grab several, and one in the first. McD will be tempted to go DL, but they have to prioritize giving Josh premier weapons. He doesn't have the top-flight speed, but Adonai Mitchell is another big receiver I like. He catches everything, so he's an immediate upgrade over Gabe Davis.

I mean you guys definitely need to make josh happy this year I feel he will ask to be moved aka like Stafford 

11 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I mean you guys definitely need to make josh happy this year I feel he will ask to be moved aka like Stafford 

I'd be surprised, but I suppose it is possible. But I don't think it will come to that. Folks in Buffalo will come with pitchforks for the whole bunch at OBD if that happens.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:23 AM, Buffalonill said:

He looked injured and old so i'm pretty sure he was banged up

He played in the Pro Bowl...Frankly I'm sick of his act. The only time he gets YAC is if a defender slips and falls. He has turned into Beasley...catch the ball for a first and fall down. He makes too many faces and makes too much noise for his limited production. I'm done with his cryptic messages too. Move on! https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-wr-stefon-diggs-unsure-of-future-in-buffalo-after-down-2023-season

59 minutes ago, Quint said:

He played in the Pro Bowl...Frankly I'm sick of his act. The only time he gets YAC is if a defender slips and falls. He has turned into Beasley...catch the ball for a first and fall down. He makes too many faces and makes too much noise for his limited production. I'm done with his cryptic messages too. Move on! https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-wr-stefon-diggs-unsure-of-future-in-buffalo-after-down-2023-season

That's not a good look I thought for sure he was injured 

Get a first from dallas and that's that

Coming From a packers fan just get rid of the  constant distraction aka Rodgers and move on .

This is josh allen's team now

Edited by Buffalonill

Diggs started dropping balls on a regular basis the 2nd half of the season. That was surprising. This whole mercurial act is getting old. While the D needs the most overall help, the O needs WR's with hands. At least 2 more. If some team wants him for a pick, move him. He may be near the end of his good overall play and he has a heavy cap hit. If not, shut up and focus. 

58 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Diggs started dropping balls on a regular basis the 2nd half of the season. That was surprising. This whole mercurial act is getting old. While the D needs the most overall help, the O needs WR's with hands. At least 2 more. If some team wants him for a pick, move him. He may be near the end of his good overall play and he has a heavy cap hit. If not, shut up and focus. 

Who is going to want to take that cap hit off our hands, and I don't want to pay someone else to take him? I think the best hope with Diggs is that injuries affected the second half of the season, and that he returns to something approximating prior form. He's not the player he was a few years ago, obviously. They need to add a WR early that can grow into a #1, and then at least one more with plus talent. I think Brian Thomas, Legette, maybe Franklin and Worthy are the best options early. I like Mitchell, too, but he lacks explosive burst, and I recently read there are some character and injury concerns with him.

There are a lot of day 2 receivers that are appealing. It's a deep draft at the position, so no excuse not to give Josh more and better weapons. My secret luxury pick, I'd love to get Braelon Allen, a huge power back, at #99. 

On 1/31/2024 at 6:20 PM, Buffalonill said:

Stafford went 0-3 in the playoffs with Detroit, who were never serious contenders, and asked to be traded at age 32 when the team was in full rebuild mode. 

Allen has gone 5-5 in the playoffs on a team that is a consistent Super Bowl contender and is only 28 on a team expected to continue to contend. 

I don't think the situations are similar at all. Come back in a few years and revisit it.  

• Thanks (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Night Train said:

If some team wants him for a pick, move him. He may be near the end of his good overall play and he has a heavy cap hit. If not, shut up and focus. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Who is going to want to take that cap hit off our hands, and I don't want to pay someone else to take him? 

The dead money cap penalty for moving on from Diggs next season would be prohibitive and ruinous.

The best hope is that they draft a big upside guy who flashes early and Diggs returns to form.

In general, Diggs is a declining WR1 whose game should age well. He’s a route running technician.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I'm not. Digg's numbers are not great all on their own.

Regardless of Diggs future, they need more juice at WR.  People thought Sheffield and Harty were going to cure our ails🤣.  They need two in the draft and at least one modest signing as they don’t have the $$$ to go shopping to hard. 

• Like (+1) 1

Digg wasn’t healthy since he tweaked his back against Tampa Bay and then re-aggravated it against the Bengals. I don’t think he had one full week of practice after week 10. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, inkman said:

Regardless of Diggs future, they need more juice at WR.  People thought Sheffield and Harty were going to cure our ails🤣.  They need two in the draft and at least one modest signing as they don’t have the $$$ to go shopping to hard. 

You guys should sign marquise brown he go off with allen imo 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Let’s not confuse Shakir’s ascension with Diggs’ descension. 

You can't do that when you see that Diggs had 2X the targets.  

Diggs did not get it done, especially in the KC game.  Cap wise we have to keep him another year so hopefully his performance was injury related.  

We need to bring in some better WRs.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Bean went all in a few years back. Can’t blame him for rolling the dice and spending on some of these players, but it didn’t work out. KC is just better. Now what can he do? Not much this year other than hope we hit on picks. We now have to get younger and hope the new guys click. We are probably still a top 3-4 team in the AFC but unfortunately there is a super team in our way and they are not going anywhere….and we may never get there. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Bean went all in a few years back. Can’t blame him for rolling the dice and spending on some of these players, but it didn’t work out. KC is just better. Now what can he do? Not much this year other than hope we hit on picks. We now have to get younger and hope the new guys click. We are probably still a top 3-4 team in the AFC but unfortunately there is a super team in our way and they are not going anywhere….and we may never get there. 

I’d be more inclined to agree if our games vs. that “super team” weren’t all one score contests. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1