Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

Games like this, for now at least, are why I have a LOT more fun following the Sabres than the Bills.

With the Bills, if they win big, well, they are supposed to. When they play a game like this, its just horrible to watch and then to listen to others/read forums/listen to talk radio for the next full week (and yes, to me those are parts of being a fan.)  The curse of high expectations.  With the Sabres, right now watching a young team get better is just so much more fun.   

I don't want it to be that way. I wish I could see things differently, but, I just can't.  Maybe they can still pull this one out, we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been watching this team since the days of Joe Ferguson and I’m starting to think this team might never win the SB. It’s one thing losing a clunker, but to lose key guys this early in the season is probably insurmountable. We just seem to have no luck, even with well constructed teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I’ve been watching this team since the days of Joe Ferguson and I’m starting to think this team might never win the SB. It’s one thing losing a clunker, but to lose key guys this early in the season is probably insurmountable. We just seem to have no luck, even with well constructed teams. 

I go back longer than you. I don’t think they will ever win the SB

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This team reminds me of the 2000’s Chargers. Elite in the regular season but always fell apart and never even got to the SB.  

I don't think of them as like any other team of the past.  To me, this team, and Josh Allen, when they are "On", is better than anyone else.  When they play their 'best' game, and the other team plays their 'best' game, I think the Bills come out ahead against anyone.

The problem is, the Bill can't seem to string as many of their 'best' games together in a row, or when they are 'off', they can be really REALLY 'off'.

So in the regular season, they have too many 'off' games where they might never get the bye and home field the entire playoffs. So when they get to the playoffs, they need to win 4 games in a row to win it all, but they can't string 4 games in a row of them being 'on' to do that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

I hoping the fans would have seen a better effort. 

I don't think the effort was the problem.

Not making excuses but factors include:  1.) they don't seem like the match up well vs Jax  2.) Maybe the Bills flying out 2 days ago and Jax being there for 2 weeks helped Jax  3.) Just too shorthanded on D with the injuries.   

I'm not seeing a lack of effort. I'm seeing a team making mistakes and overmatched in certain matchups.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't think of them as like any other team of the past.  To me, this team, and Josh Allen, when they are "On", is better than anyone else.  When they play their 'best' game, and the other team plays their 'best' game, I think the Bills come out ahead against anyone.

The problem is, the Bill can't seem to string as many of their 'best' games together in a row, or when they are 'off', they can be really REALLY 'off'.

So in the regular season, they have too many 'off' games where they might never get the bye and home field the entire playoffs. So when they get to the playoffs, they need to win 4 games in a row to win it all, but they can't string 4 games in a row of them being 'on' to do that.

And the Chiefs are more consistent. Miami has a cupcake schedule probably wins the division. 

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

And the Chiefs are more consistent. Miami has a cupcake schedule probably wins the division. 

For now, the Bills are 4th in the conference, with 2 conference losses.  2nd in the Division (as you said) with a division loss.  If we can't be guaranteed a SuperBowl, I would LIKE to have one year where they get the bye and home field advantage throughout, but they are already behind with that.

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

For now, the Bills are 4th in the conference, with 2 conference losses.  2nd in the Division (as you said) with a division loss.  If we can't be guaranteed a SuperBowl, I would LIKE to have one year where they get the bye and home field advantage throughout, but they are already behind with that.

If Milano joined Tre on IR you can say goodbye to any thought of a SB. Josh will have to score 30 and game and we still have a below average run game. Right when I was ready to give props to Dorsey he got worked. 

• Agree 2

My thoughts:

1) Please, please, please don't let Milano's injury be season-ending.

2) Offense took way too long to get over their jetlag.

3) Depleted D got worked, but Epenesa and a few others took the ball away enough to keep it close.

4) Ref's help or not, still waaaaay too many penalties.

5) That 2-point conversion went from looking like a walk-in to being shot down fast.  Too soft of a throw and nothing doing after the catch.

6) What was Gabe Davis doing on that onside kick?  It looked like he was in the best spot to make a play, but wasn't watching the ball at all (flew by low and facing backwards.)

7) Ugh, that last play ...

• Like (+1) 2