2022-'23 Buffalo Bandits

Taro T

YOUR Buffalo BAN-DITS begin their attempt to defend their Eastern Conference Crown tonight in Banditland vs the Toronto Hamilton Rock at 7:30PM.  Game is ESPN+ only in the States.

Game 2 will be in Hamilton on Saturday at 7PM.  Another ESPN+ only game.

Game 3, if necessary, will be next Saturday at 7:30 in Banditland.  Also only ESPN+.

Team has been rolling the last 2 weeks and are as healthy as they've been all season.  The MMArena should be rocking.

Let's Go BAN-DITS!!!

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

YOUR Buffalo BAN-DITS begin their attempt to defend their Eastern Conference Crown tonight in Banditland vs the Toronto Hamilton Rock at 7:30PM.  Game is ESPN+ only in the States.

Game 2 will be in Hamilton on Saturday at 7PM.  Another ESPN+ only game.

Game 3, if necessary, will be next Saturday at 7:30 in Banditland.  Also only ESPN+.

Team has been rolling the last 2 weeks and are as healthy as they've been all season.  The MMArena should be rocking.

Let's Go BAN-DITS!!!

Do they still play music throughout the game or do they cut that out for the playoffs?

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Apparently there is a gap between games that are live and ones on demand when you can't find either on the site.

I've no idea about anything technical, nor do I have ESPN plus. I guess they don't value the lacrosse audience enough to make access clear which is unfortunate.

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I've no idea about anything technical, nor do I have ESPN plus. I guess they don't value the lacrosse audience enough to make access clear which is unfortunate.

No it's not just lacrosse. It's the platform. There is a gap between when a game is available live and when it becomes on-demand. An hour or so where you can't find the game anywhere. I should know this but got fooled.

Luckily tonight Amerks play at 4pm and the Bandits at 7.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No it's not just lacrosse. It's the platform. There is a gap between when a game is available live and when it becomes on-demand. An hour or so where you can't find the game anywhere. I should know this but got fooled.

Luckily tonight Amerks play at 4pm and the Bandits at 7.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I have been listening to both games.

Let's Go Ban-dits!!

Smoked the Rock in back to back games...14-5 and 17-8 after beating the Knighthawks 20-8.

Outscored the opposition 51-21 combined in the playoffs or an average of 17-7. Domination.

Heading back to the Finals and they look pretty unstoppable. They need to finish it off this time.

Only thing that sucks is that they will have 2 weeks off as Calgary tied the series up against Colorado last night and their deciding game isn't until next Saturday which means the Finals won't start until the following week. Not great for momentum when they are on a serious roll.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Watching the game via Hulu. I thought the game was almost over and then realized it was just the end of 3rd. 😬

It was over at halftime when they went up by 11-4. Toronto never got closer than 5 again.

Watched the first game on ESPN+ and then listened to the second on WGR-550 as I was out and about.

Edited by matter2003

On 5/12/2023 at 1:03 PM, Eleven said:

Do they still play music throughout the game or do they cut that out for the playoffs?

They do still play music during the play but it isn't done for the entirety of the game.  Probably only 60% or so.  But the PA announcer will be talking throughout trying to get the crowd to do the right chant / cheer.  After a Vinc save: "What's he got?" "NOTHING."  At random times: "Da, da, da, dah, dah, daaaaah" "Score (or charge)."  After a Smith goal: "Goal by #92 the GREEEAAAT DAHNE Smith" "woof, woof, woof, woof, woof."  Etc.

Bandits finally got healthy before the end of the regular season and they destroyed a Georgia team that had an outside shot at the playoffs in their last game of the RS and they've just been tearing through their rivals in the playoffs.  They never trailed once in their 1st 2 games and weren't tied beyond 4-4 in the 2nd and in last night's game, don't believe they ever trailed (though they might have been down 4-3; missed TO's Hamilton's 4th goal and not sure if it came right before or after the Bandit's 4th but they opened it up right after that.  Vinc is an absolute wall and the transition and offense are clicking big time.  They should fairly easily beat whichever team comes out of the West; but the Mammoth have given them fits this year and last year in the playoffs.  The Mammoth goalie is big and comes very high off his goal line and their D take away passes.  The Bandits tend to get beat to the loose balls after the save.  And then the Mammoth clean up on the PP.  But if the Bandits and Vinc stay on their game the way they have been; don't know that Colorado will be able to keep the formula working for them.  And they might not get past Calgary who had a much better RS record.

Hoping the extra week off gives the Bandits both time to figure out how to finally beat Colorado's D (presume they'll win as they're the tougher matchup for the Bandits) and to get the 2 remaining Robinson brothers that are out injured back heathy.  If they come back, the entire team will be healthy for the 1st time all year.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:34 PM, Marvin said:

I see the Bandits won.

Not won, dominated all 3 playoff games.

On 5/14/2023 at 10:38 PM, Hank said:

I hope they play Colorado, even though I think they're a tougher match up. Calgary's aqua/teal colored rug makes it impossible for me to follow the ball. 

We owe both of those teams. Colorado defeated us in the finals last year and Calgary defeated us in the finals in the previous season before COVID cancelled the league for 2 years in between.

Bandits trying to avoid a Bills like 0-4 in their last 4 finals appearances, although they have won it numerous times, the last being in 2008. 0-3 since then tho.

If they play the way they did in the first 3 playoff games this will be a laugher and not even close with them sweeping either team. The two week break in between doesn't help the momentum tho.

Edited by matter2003

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 10:56 AM, Marvin said:

Warning: the Bandits play tomorrow in Buffalo and Monday in Colorado.

Saturday's game is 7PM on ESPNU. ESPN2.

Monday's game is at 4PM on the Deuce (ESPN2).

Should game 3 be necessary, it'll be next Satuday at 7:30PM on ESPN+.

Let's GO Ban- Dits!

Edited by Taro T
TV broadcast schedule changed.
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.