2022 College Football

Taro T

I know this might be better put under "complaint Thursday" but it does relate directly to college football.

I'm watching more college football games today than any other Saturday this year, and what is up with the broadcast.  it seems on some of the games, 1 out of every 5 or 6 plays between plays they cut to shots of fans yelling and screeming or waving their fingers in the air.  I can see coming in and out of a commercial, but why do so many broadcasts do that mid drive.  There were even a couple times where they did the shot of the fans and only came back to the play less than a second before the snap.

Its kinda like in auto racing, ABC was known for this. A few times there would be a big race (Indy 500 a few years ago comes to mind) where there is a fight for the lead in the last 5 laps...and they INSISTED on going split screen with the action on the track on one side (which was hard to see on less than half the screen) and on the other side a constant feed of one of the drivers wife or girlfriend and her facial reactions.  Do they people who do these broadcasts actually think people want to see that?

13 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I know this might be better put under "complaint Thursday" but it does relate directly to college football.

I'm watching more college football games today than any other Saturday this year, and what is up with the broadcast.  it seems on some of the games, 1 out of every 5 or 6 plays between plays they cut to shots of fans yelling and screeming or waving their fingers in the air.  I can see coming in and out of a commercial, but why do so many broadcasts do that mid drive.  There were even a couple times where they did the shot of the fans and only came back to the play less than a second before the snap.

Its kinda like in auto racing, ABC was known for this. A few times there would be a big race (Indy 500 a few years ago comes to mind) where there is a fight for the lead in the last 5 laps...and they INSISTED on going split screen with the action on the track on one side (which was hard to see on less than half the screen) and on the other side a constant feed of one of the drivers wife or girlfriend and her facial reactions.  Do they people who do these broadcasts actually think people want to see that?

Pretty sure the attempt to add "human drama" is an attempt to get non-sport fans to watch.  Doubt it works.

26 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Those are your seats?  😱  

Can we be friends? 😂

Yes, those are my seats.  What an amazing game.

4 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I usually pay attention to college football, mostly Clemson and Cuse. This year I haven't been watching as much. I just gotta know one thing, how in the ***** did Tennessee become #1???

We are asking ourselves the same question.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

How does Dabo Swinney keep trotting Uiagalelei put there to play QB? He is the worst QB in the ACC. Put the backup in and give him a shot. They had zero plan for after Lawrence left. Horrible job by the coaching staff.

Completely agree.  We are sitting here watching the game asking ourselves the same question.  We are kinda rooting for the Irish however.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Completely agree.  We are sitting here watching the game asking ourselves the same question.  We are kinda rooting for the Irish however.

I'm a Clemson fan and after last season, I have no clue how DJ is still the starting QB. The only reason they are 8-0 is because of their weak schedule. They deserve to get wrecked by an unranked team. They need to get rid of Dumbo Swinney.

3 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I usually pay attention to college football, mostly Clemson and Cuse. This year I haven't been watching as much. I just gotta know one thing, how in the ***** did Tennessee become #1???

Their QB has been unbelievable.

Side note: I root for the Hokies. 

Hooker was the starter for VT & was very talented, but also very up and down.  After a couple of bad games, he had a sideline incident…and it was worse than this tweet shows:

He was convulsing…like a bad case of the hiccups, but seizure like. And it went on for a while.  
It coincided with the fanbase turning on the coach once and for all, and the coach turning on the QB at the same time. He was essentially benched from there, even though he still played some.

But the kid has talent. Hooker transferred to Tenn in the off-season and has really lit it up.  

That doesn’t explain everything (including the fact that the coach who lured Hooker to the Vols, Jeremy Pruitt, was then fired due to recruiting violations). 

Turns out current Vols coach in waiting Josh Heupel (former Oklahoma QB) has been the real deal so far. 

5 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Syracuse was a major fraud early in the year. They suck. 4-4 Pitt is slapping them around.

Syracuse will lose every game for the rest of the season including their bowl game. They can't score. They have no QBs. Florida State will beat them by 24. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, freester said:

My ranking

UGA

OHIO STATE

MICHIGAN

LSU

TCU still undefeated.  My guess is that the Frogs jump to 4th in the CFP. Credit to the LSU Tigers for being the most improved team since the start of the season.

By the way the noise in Sanford Stadium got to nearly 140 decibels.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

TCU still undefeated.  My guess is that the Frogs jump to 4th in the CFP. Credit to the LSU Tigers for being the most improved team since the start of the season.

By the way the noise in Sanford Stadium got to nearly 140 decibels.

Tigers looking to maul some Dawgs in 4 weeks.  ;)

Geaux Tigers!

(Stinks that Kelly is the coach.  Really dislike that guy.)

5 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Their QB has been unbelievable.

Side note: I root for the Hokies. 

Hooker was the starter for VT & was very talented, but also very up and down.  After a couple of bad games, he had a sideline incident…and it was worse than this tweet shows:

He was convulsing…like a bad case of the hiccups, but seizure like. And it went on for a while.  
It coincided with the fanbase turning on the coach once and for all, and the coach turning on the QB at the same time. He was essentially benched from there, even though he still played some.

But the kid has talent. Hooker transferred to Tenn in the off-season and has really lit it up.  

That doesn’t explain everything (including the fact that the coach who lured Hooker to the Vols, Jeremy Pruitt, was then fired due to recruiting violations). 

Turns out current Vols coach in waiting Josh Heupel (former Oklahoma QB) has been the real deal so far. 

That was some scary *****. I never knew he was so good. I gotta pay more attention than I have been. 

I used to bet heavy money on college ball. But once the pandemic hit, I kinda got away from it all.

5 hours ago, ubkev said:

Syracuse will lose every game for the rest of the season including their bowl game. They can't score. They have no QBs. Florida State will beat them by 24. 

Yup. Sad thing is they are ruining  Sean Tuckers future. He was a heisman candidate going into the season. 

Edited by Claude Balls

7 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Yup. Sad thing is they are ruining  Sean Tuckers future. He was a heisman candidate going into the season. 

I'm not impressed by Tucker. I know the offensive line is awful, and that has a ton to do with it, but...yeah, *shrug.*

13 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I'm a Clemson fan and after last season, I have no clue how DJ is still the starting QB. The only reason they are 8-0 is because of their weak schedule. They deserve to get wrecked by an unranked team. They need to get rid of Dumbo Swinney.

Get rid of the man that took over a mediocre program and made them a title contender most years and led them to a championship?  That's dumb. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.