2022 College Football

Taro T

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Auburn isn't playing. 

OSU doesn't belong in the Big Ten or whatever it calls itself because the average student there can't read.  It is the best academic conference, but Ohio State somehow is in there,

Georgia--and I know you have a degree or two from there--is the second-best academic institution in the SEC (Vanderbilt, and don't bother arguing) but it's such a ***** academic conference (I think Florida still has a major in "shapes and colors") that one school actually hired ME.  And Georgia would rather people not learn to read critically so it can continue to elect pencil head trolls.  Like seriously, MTG looks like a pencil head troll from the 80s, and those jackasses almost elected Herschel Walker.

Edited by Eleven
  • Vomit 1

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

OSU doesn't belong in the Big Ten or whatever it calls itself because the average student there can't read.  It is the best academic conference, but Ohio State somehow is in there,

Georgia--and I know you have a degree or two from there--is the second-best academic institution in the SEC (Vanderbilt, and don't bother arguing) but it's such a ***** academic conference (I think Florida still has a major in "shapes and colors") that one school actually hired ME.  And Georgia would rather people not learn to read critically so it can continue to elect pencil head trolls.  Like seriously, MTG looks like a pencil head troll from the 80s, and those jackasses almost elected Herschel Walker.

Maybe you should tamp down your political bias. Folks who disagree with you can also be rational and treated like human beings rather than denigrated as morons. Athens, btw, is very liberal.

So who wins the Natty? Obviously I’m predicting a GA victory, but how is the game going to go?

TCU plays an unusual D with a 3-3-5 or a 3-2-6.  This seems like a bend and don’t break D with an emphasis of not getting beat on the deep throw.  Their goal is also to try to bait QBs into Ints with this unusual formation and well disguised coverages.    Sadly I think that plays into GA’s hands.  I don’t see how TCU gets to Bennett rushing only 3.  GA can go deep now that Arian Smith and AD Mitchell are finally healthy, but it doesn’t have to.  Bennett is at his best when he doesn’t try to be a gunslinger and hopefully the unique D will force him to be patient.  Honestly, GA is best when it runs well behind it’s 4 excellent tailbacks and uses short to medium passes to their slot guys (Jackson, McConkey, Jack Saint, and Blaylock). the TEs (Washington, Bowers and Delp) and the RBs especially McIntosh.  If GA stays patient, I can see 5-6 long TDs drives.  

The bad news for GA is they are banged up on D and will be playing 4-5 freshman.  DL Nolan Smith is out, Chambliss (Smith’s replacement) is also banged up.  Also TCU has playmakers of their own including an excellent dual threat QB in Duggan, a top WR and excellent RB’s.  They will score on GA if the Dawgs can’t contain Duggan and get the pass rush home.  The bad news for TCU is much of their passing is set up on play action.  They need to run effectively to set that up and no one rushes the ball on GA’s defense and OSU didn’t even try.  With the game on the line GA’s D stepped up in the 4th QTR where GA outscored OSU 18-3 to win the game. 

I think the game is close in first half and even into the 3rd qtr, but GA’s depth allows the Dawgs to pull away in the 4th qtr and win by at least 10.  41-31 final score with TCU’s final TD coming in garbage time. 

One other note:  I’d love to see the Bills draft Duggan.  He reminds me of Josh.  He has size and runs well.  He is a top competitor and has improved as a passer.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We don't retire numbers but no one wears 13 again right?

Also uga XIII has to get named Stetson

GA has 4 retired numbers, Trippi, Sinkwich, Walker and Sapp.  Stet’s 13 should be retired as well. No idea while Theron Sapp’s number is retired.  

You’ll have to come down for a game next year.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.