Dan Dunleavy on the Injured List

Doohickie

2 hours ago, Weave said:

The worst part is, when you get to the hospital, they are more worried about testing to see if you’ve had a stroke than they are about the hand.

Honest, I just slipped.  Its not a stroke!

Well, at your age, can you blame them for thinking that?  ;)

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Uh why wouldn't he call the game?

One time when I was maybe around 10 or 11 I was playing a game during my hockey season and, well it was I think the first year hitting started and I've always been a little small for my age growing up, I got crunched rather thoroughly against the boards and bent my wrist back pretty bad. We called it a "sprain" but I still think to this day I may have broken something. Very painful.

Anyways, I woke up the next morning and was still in a ton of pain so I asked my Mom if she was ok with me staying home from school, and she said yes of course you feel terrible. As I was dosing off my Dad barges into the room, throws on the lightswitch and says, "Why wouldn't you go to school, you aren't sick. Get up."

Didn't get a rest day. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

That would be entertaining too. 

There was a Texas Rangers radio broadcaster that became incoherent due to a previously undiagnosed medical condition.  He just started talking about stuff that had zero to do with the game.  They cut him off and switched over to the TV guys for the rest of the game and if I recall correctly he never called a game again.  (Not saying this would happen with Dunleavy but if there's any chance he won't be 100% due to meds they *may* have him sit this one out.  I doubt it though.

15 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

There was a Texas Rangers radio broadcaster that became incoherent due to a previously undiagnosed medical condition.  He just started talking about stuff that had zero to do with the game.  They cut him off and switched over to the TV guys for the rest of the game and if I recall correctly he never called a game again.  (Not saying this would happen with Dunleavy but if there's any chance he won't be 100% due to meds they *may* have him sit this one out.  I doubt it though.

So kind of like the old guy ramblings of the RJ-Neale combination? Sign me up. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

That’s not too different from the end of Ted Darling’s career.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Weave said:

That’s not too different from the end of Ted Darling’s career.

Unfortunately, nobody knew he was having medical issues.  The rumors going around at the end, which turned out to be completely off-base and false, were not remotely charitable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.