Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

Anybody know if the computer generated ads are going to just be a national TV thing or are the local broadcasts going to go to them as well?

Can't believe the advertisers with actual ads on the boards are happy about this development.

Unless, of course, those computer generated ads are of the same advertisers; in which case 'nevermind.'

I flipped on the game at some point, and there was an ad with a huge black circle(must have been a logo of some kind).  Already hard enough to follow the puck at times, lets make it even harder. 😂

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

Anybody know if the computer generated ads are going to just be a national TV thing or are the local broadcasts going to go to them as well?

Can't believe the advertisers with actual ads on the boards are happy about this development.

Unless, of course, those computer generated ads are of the same advertisers; in which case 'nevermind.'

If they aren’t the same advertisers then they are the new advertisers willing to pay a helluva lot more for their ad placements.

2 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I knew this was coming since they are often mentioned in the same sentence in terms of regression. This should surprise nobody, but I guess we'll know a bit more as the season progresses. 

If I were asked to rank Washington and Boston, 

Boston

Washington

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Yet they will make a deep run into the playoffs .

Hahaha ahaha. No they won't. 

I can't find the post now, but someone had mentioned earlier about the digitally transposed ads on the broadcast. I may be losing my mind watching this TOR-MTL but it looks like the ads are transposed for visibility so long as the camera angle allows it. The camera just seemed to shift from transposed ad to actual on-board ad when they changed camera and all the ads were the same. If that's not the case, the Habs definitely tens of thousands of LED lined in their boards.

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Cozens is a nice player but looking back at Zegras or  Caufield hurts now 

Cozens might tap out as a 3rd line center and those two look like top  Tear players going forward

IDK, give the kid a chance.  All three are different types of players....apples to oranges.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Possible as Montreal seems to be a better team (on paper) this year with some off-season additions (ex. Monahan, Dach, etc.)

Even without those additions I think he would be. I think he's closer to 2021 playoffs than he is 2022 regular season. 

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

IDK, give the kid a chance.  All three are different types of players....apples to oranges.

If all three hit their potential as the type of players they are, we will be happy to have Cozens even if he doesn't have the same electricity as the other two. With that said, I have more confidence in the two we didn't draft* than the one we did to hit their peak. 

Edited by #freejame

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.