Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

David Krejci looks like his old self sigh ... 

Division looks alot harder now to  Climb up 

9 minutes ago, #freejame said:

If all three hit their potential as the type of players they are, we will be happy to have Cozens even if he doesn't have the same electricity as the other two. With that said, I have more confidence in the two we drafted than the one we did to hit their peak. 

quinn , jj? 

50 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I can't find the post now, but someone had mentioned earlier about the digitally transposed ads on the broadcast. I may be losing my mind watching this TOR-MTL but it looks like the ads are transposed for visibility so long as the camera angle allows it. The camera just seemed to shift from transposed ad to actual on-board ad when they changed camera and all the ads were the same. If that's not the case, the Habs definitely tens of thousands of LED lined in their boards.

The digital ads are definitely computer generated and not led's in the signs.

And my question about whether it's national TV only or regional broadcasts too was answered.  Regional are showing them too.

Wonder how much of a price break the in rink actual advertisers are getting versus past seasons as their audience is much smaller now. 

23 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The digital ads are definitely computer generated and not led's in the signs.

And my question about whether it's national TV only or regional broadcasts too was answered.  Regional are showing them too.

Wonder how much of a price break the in rink actual advertisers are getting versus past seasons as their audience is much smaller now. 

It might not have been clear but that's what I meant. The ads on the Habs boards are all the same whether they are transposed or shown actually on the board. It appears that they are generating them so they are brighter and stick out more. Granted this is an SN broadcast so I don't know if it's national in canada or not. 

Just now, #freejame said:

It might not have been clear but that's what I meant. The ads on the Habs boards are all the same whether they are transposed or shown actually on the board. It appears that they are generating them so they are brighter and stick out more. Granted this is an SN broadcast so I don't know if it's national in canada or not. 

Just noticed they changed during the broadcast so forget what I said. At one point the ads were definitely the same only brighter and cleared when they were able to transpose. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Believe Habs Loafs is a national game.  But am also watching the Canes BJs game which is DECIDEDLY NOT national & they have the computer generated ads too.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Leafs lose on a last second goal. 

Exciting finish.  Habs go up with 2:30 to go, Laffs tie it less than a minute later, then the Habs go up for good with under 18 seconds left.  I want to see both teams lose but if one has to win I wanted it to be Montreal.

In regulation.

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Why wouldn't they?  The locals have been projecting ads on the ice for years.

Why, because presumably the advertisers that buy rinkside ads do so expecting their ads will be seen by the local TV audience for ~1/2 of the team's televised games.  And they aren't getting 18,000 pairs of eyeballs on them but 10 or so times that.

These computer generated ads are superimposed on the in-rink ads, not over some random fan faces behind the nets nor on some of the little open white ice that is left.Really curious how much less expensive they are this year versus prior years.

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would all the Wile E. Coyote Supra Geniuses predicting the Loafs to win the East and make the Finals mind please telling us who their goalie that gets them there will be.

'Cause is sure as #### isn't Matt Murray.

But I saw in multiple Athletic articles that Matt Murray should be your sleeper bet for Vezina 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.