Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

34 minutes ago, TheAud said:

It pains me every time I see McNabb ably handling a 2nd pairing role on very solid teams in LA and now Vegas. For the past 7 years...

Would love to get someone like him to pair with Power. 

We might feel the same way about Borgen over time. He's played very well for Seattle and is still improving. idk if he will ever be higher than 3rd pairing on a good team but he's definitely turning into a solid and reliable player.

14 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

We might feel the same way about Borgen over time. He's played very well for Seattle and is still improving. idk if he will ever be higher than 3rd pairing on a good team but he's definitely turning into a solid and reliable player.

Agree, especially being a RHD. 

At least with Borgen, the Sabres were going to lose someone and it ended up being him, whereas they just about gave away McNabb for no readily explainable reason. 

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Agree, especially being a RHD. 

At least with Borgen, the Sabres were going to lose someone and it ended up being him, whereas they just about gave away McNabb for no readily explainable reason. 

Will ALWAYS dislike the Krackers for sliding into the league a year after they were scheduled to come in.  (The fact the Sabres play hung over against them is just a 2ndary reason to dislike them.)

The Sabres would've lost Hutton or something even less valuable at the NHL level.  At a minimum for changing the entry date teams should've been allowed to protect 1 player that wouldn't have been draft eligible the previous year.  Would've kept Borgen a Sabre & would've cost them something roughly as valuable as Hutton.

And, yes, get how on the surface it's silly to pine for a 3rd pairing D.  But considering he'd still be in the Sabres top 6, will continue to pine away until he wouldn't be.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I just don't care about 26 year old will Borgen

He’d be a third pairing D on the Sabres. It’s not like he’d be the piece that puts us over the top. While it would be nice to have him, his loss doesn’t fill me with a sense of regret, either.

Lafreniere is in the doghouse...again. By the comments, Ranger fans are disappointed with the former overall #1, among other things, saying he's too slow.  He's playing 13-14 min a game with no power play time. Will the Rangers finally give up on him?

https://nypost.com/2022/12/28/alexis-lafreniere-dropped-to-fourth-line-after-rangers-no-show/

13 minutes ago, Refuting said:

They currently have 3 more points than the Sabres 

Big mess 

They currently have 1 more game played and still will after today and have 7otl... must not be a veteran team that knows how to close out games. Anyways Buffalo has more wins currently. 

6 hours ago, Refuting said:

They currently have 3 more points than the Sabres 

Big mess 

They currently have 1 more point than the Sabres with 1 more game played and 3 less regulation wins. 

Detroit also has a -9 goal differential compared to Buffalo with +21

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

They currently have 1 more game played and still will after today and have 7otl... must not be a veteran team that knows how to close out games. Anyways Buffalo has more wins currently. 

5 hours ago, Refuting said:

Yeah 

Just updating

Mrs. Deflection

Wonder Woman Trailer GIF

And I'm noting how Clague is being cast as an AHL tweener but many here are acting like 26 year old Borgen is the bees knees. I don't care about Pilut, or Borgen actually. 

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Borgen IS getting better. 

Clague CAN still get better. 

We were talking about Pilut not Clague Mr. Deflection. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Mrs. Deflection

Wonder Woman Trailer GIF

And I'm noting how Clague is being cast as an AHL tweener but many here are acting like 26 year old Borgen is the bees knees. I don't care about Pilut, or Borgen actually. 

Are you actually a Mrs? 

This will likely sound sexist, but it would explain a LOT about how you see hockey and a number of your biases. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Also clague is a 3rd pairing D. Borgen is a 3rd pairing D.

Just like Okposo is a 4th line rw and Reeves is a 4th line rw. 

Hence my jumps to these players. I'm looking at who they replace. So is Borgen better than Clague, probably. Is it such a wide gap clague can't cross it, no. Would I replace clague with someone better, yes. 

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Are you actually a Mrs? 

This will likely sound sexist, but it would explain a LOT about how you see hockey and a number of your biases. 

It doesn't sound it, it is sexist. Also to answer your question...

Edited by LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So is Borgen better than Clague, probably. Is it such a wide gap clague can't cross it, no. Would I replace clague with someone better, yes. 

This is factual and accurate. 

Pilut, on the other hand, is crap. Picking up Reilly, instead of using Pilut, might have won us a few more games and if we miss the playoffs by say 2-3 points, that lack of D depth will ultimately have been what sunk us. 

(Now before you start, I'm not suggesting Reilly is great, just much better than Pilut (or Bryson for that matter))

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.