Breakout player 2022-23

GASabresIUFAN

Breakout player 2022-23  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Breakout player 2022-23 (Pick 2)

To those who voted for Power, what does a breakout look like? 25 pts playing 22 minutes a night? More points? More minutes? For a point of reference here our the rookie years of some other highly drafted D who Power somewhat reminds me of.

Dahlin score 9 goals and added 35 assists playing 21 minutes a night as a rookie

Hedman average 23 pts and 21-22 minutes for his first 3 seasons.

Ekblad scored 12 goals and added 27 assists playing 22 minutes in his rookie year? (He also had 15g w 21a in year 2).

PS How do we define a breakout by a rookie forward as well?  For guys like JJP and Quinn would it be putting up Zegras type numbers or would 40 or so points be a great 1st year?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

To those who voted for Power, what does a breakout look like? 25 pts playing 22 minutes a night? More points? More minutes? For a point of reference here our the rookie years of some other highly drafted D who Power somewhat reminds me of.

Dahlin score 9 goals and added 35 assists playing 21 minutes a night as a rookie

Hedman average 23 pts and 21-22 minutes for his first 3 seasons.

Ekblad scored 12 goals and added 27 assists playing 22 minutes in his rookie year? (He also had 15g w 21a in year 2).

PS How do we define a breakout by a rookie forward as well?  For guys like JJP and Quinn would it be putting up Zegras type numbers or would 40 or so points be a great 1st year?

.88ppg, 21+ minutes and a Calder. .01 more ppg than Makar. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I was in Charleston a few weeks ago.  We had a great time.  

Eat anywhere good? It's looking like my girlfriend and I will be moving somewhere in the Chattanooga area come the new year, so I won't be here too much long but I've enjoyed it as much as a person who can't stand the temps can. This time of year is rough. 

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Eat anywhere good? It's looking like my girlfriend and I will be moving somewhere in the Chattanooga area come the new year, so I won't be here too much long but I've enjoyed it as much as a person who can't stand the temps can. This time of year is rough. 

We liked 167 Raw Oyster Bar, Millers All Day and Hank's.  Loved the ice cream at Off Track. Had a great Kayak tour with Kayak Charleston (Kayakcharleston.net).  

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like some guys have already "broken out" such as Dahlin.  I'm not sure that a rookie playing his first full season can be considered a candidate to "break out," because there's no baseline to break out from.  That's why I didn't vote for Quinn and JJP, for example.  I went with Mitts and Krebs.  (And although Krebs hasn't played a full NHL season, he was a reguar for pretty much the entire 2nd half of the season, and played more than a handful of games.   He was more than an AHL callup.)   I think that if both can stay healthy and play a full NHL season, they will produce solid middle-6 numbers.  20+ goals and 50+ points each and maybe more.  Krebs also has a good 2-way game.  I'm not sure if Mitts does, but he does seem to be a lot more willing to get into the dirty areas as he matures.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I feel like some guys have already "broken out" such as Dahlin.  I'm not sure that a rookie playing his first full season can be considered a candidate to "break out," because there's no baseline to break out from.  That's why I didn't vote for Quinn and JJP, for example.  I went with Mitts and Krebs.  (And although Krebs hasn't played a full NHL season, he was a reguar for pretty much the entire 2nd half of the season, and played more than a handful of games.   He was more than an AHL callup.)   I think that if both can stay healthy and play a full NHL season, they will produce solid middle-6 numbers.  20+ goals and 50+ points each and maybe more.  Krebs also has a good 2-way game.  I'm not sure if Mitts does, but he does seem to be a lot more willing to get into the dirty areas as he matures.

I don't agree with your picks, but I do like your rationale.

I went with Mittelstadt and Samuelsson.

I feel like with a healthy offseason and season Mittelstadt is going to put up 50+ points.  He has been producing at a 40ish point clip the past couple years but has been in and out of the lineup so much that it’s been hard to notice and I think it’s also made it hard for him to get comfortable.  I think with a good offseason of training and continued health (fingers crossed) he will be ready to rock and roll.  I’m thinking 20+ goals and 30+ assists.

Samuelsson I think will just show how absolutely solid he is going to be and will give more offense than you would expect too.  I’m thinking he plays 1st pair, #1 PK mins, gets 2-4 goals and 25-30 assists while playing really solid defense.

Level Up: Tuch 35g 45a 80 pts he's been playing well since he came into the league but this season he will level up. He's more than capable.

ROY: JJP 13g 32a 45 pts he's gonna explode onto the scene and although he might have some rookie struggles, his points will come in bunches at times.

Breakout Player: UPL...25 wins .915+ save %... competition for his NHL career has arrived.

This is the year he puts it all together in a time share with Comrie who will also post 20 wins of his own.

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

I went with Mittelstadt and Samuelsson.

I feel like with a healthy offseason and season Mittelstadt is going to put up 50+ points.  He has been producing at a 40ish point clip the past couple years but has been in and out of the lineup so much that it’s been hard to notice and I think it’s also made it hard for him to get comfortable.  I think with a good offseason of training and continued health (fingers crossed) he will be ready to rock and roll.  I’m thinking 20+ goals and 30+ assists.

Samuelsson I think will just show how absolutely solid he is going to be and will give more offense than you would expect too.  I’m thinking he plays 1st pair, #1 PK mins, gets 2-4 goals and 25-30 assists while playing really solid defense.

Absolutely love Samuelsson

13 hours ago, Weave said:

I don’t know lnow how you’d measure a break out season by Samuelsson, but I think he’s most likely to have his development really escalate.

Good question.  I imagine something like 5g 25a and playing 22-23 minutes a night as Dahlin’s wingman.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.