Sabres Sign Lawrence Pilut 1 Year 750k

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Sign Lawrence Pilut 1 Year 750k
1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

My guess is they promised him an extended look in training camp and pre-season games, and even if he doesn’t make the team, there would be a good chance he is traded or picked up as a waiver claim.  

Actually I was incorrect, He needs to play 5 more NHL Games before becoming waiver eligible 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

My guess is they promised him an extended look in training camp and pre-season games, and even if he doesn’t make the team, there would be a good chance he is traded or picked up as a waiver claim.  

Barring any other D being brought in, pretty sure the top 8 that will stay up are:

Samuelsson - Dahlin

Power - Lybushkin (sp?)

Bryson - Jokiharju

Pilut - Fitzgerald.

Maybe one or 2 of the tweeners beat out Larry or Casey but not expecting it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Actually I was incorrect, He needs to play 5 more NHL Games before becoming waiver eligible 

Not sure how you're getting that.  He was considered to be 23 for waiver purposes at his 1st contract which puts him 3 pro years or 70 60 NHL games away from needing to clear waivers.  He's got 46 NHL games under his belt.

Honestly not sure if the 2 KHL seasons count as he wasn't "loaned" there nor uner an NHL SPC, but expect they do count.

So, expect he would need to clear waivers due to 4 years pro experience.  But if not, he should be good until his 25th NHL game played this season.

Edited by Taro T
Fixed typo.

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not sure how you're getting that.  He was considered to be 23 for waiver purposes at his 1st contract which puts him 3 pro years or 70 NHL games away from needing to clear waivers.  He's got 46 NHL games under his belt.

Honestly not sure if the 2 KHL seasons count as he wasn't "loaned" there nor uner an NHL SPC, but expect they do count.

So, expect he would need to clear waivers due to 4 years pro experience.  But if not, he should be good until his 25th NHL game played this season.

This guy reminds Me a lot of You when it comes to CBA Related Matters, so I took the info from Him 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Assuming Fitz is the 7th D, who do we like for the 8th slot Pilut, Clague or someone else?

The Amerks blueline is getting pretty crowded as well.  Prow, Davies, Eliot, Tischke, Priske, and Laaksonen to go with either and or both Clague and Pilut.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

41 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This guy reminds Me a lot of You when it comes to CBA Related Matters, so I took the info from Him 

OK.  So, he seems to think (reasonably) that the clock was stalled while he was in Russia.  (Again, I haven't looked into that nuance before, so will accept that as being correct unless we hear otherwise.)

Really think he dropped a "1" before the 5 games to trigger the need to clear waivers.  As he played 33 NHL games in '18-'19 and 13 in '19-'20 which puts him at 46, 15 shy of his 61st NHL game.  Which would likely make him waiver exempt 1/2 to almost the entire year provided the Sabre D stays relatively healthy.

Edited by Taro T

52 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Thought he was overrated during his time here and he hasn’t exactly torn up the KHL.

But in terms of a 7/8 he’s perfectly serviceable.

He actually looked good IMHO when paired w/ Bogosian or Rostolainen prior to getting injured in his 1st stint.  But he definitely earned Inky's derision after he came back that season.

Don't have a clear picture of his play that 2nd year, but pretty sure he didn't play much w/ either which would make your impression accurate.  There were several partners he did not click with.

46 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Assuming Fitz is the 7th D, who do we like for the 8th slot Pilut, Clague or someone else?

The Amerks blueline is getting pretty crowded as well.  Prow, Davies, Eliot, Tischke, Priske, and Laaksonen to go with either and or both Clague and Pilut.  

Can’t some of those listed be loaned to Cincinnati? Based on who you listed and the always expected injuries throughout the year…I count 15. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.